Page 1 of 2
In my classes we learned: the pilgrims --> the revolutionary war A LOT, constitution and all that --> civil war ---> learned a lot about Charlemagne and that era stuff but it was boring so forgot ---> some shit about industrialization idk, The Jungle ---> World War 1 barely even mentioned ---> World War 2 the most out of everything, the holocaust a lot too.

Ya that's basically it
WWI And WWII

And... no that's about it hey.

I was talking up babes the rest of the time
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Pretty much the same things all Americans were taught, except we learned about the Alamo too.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I only had to take one History class. Didn't learn much. I think we did the history of canada or something lame like that. All I remember was John A. McDonald. I think he was a prime minister or something important. Science was for the cool kids.
That I can remember (vaguely in order it was taught, from primary school up to end of secondary):
Romans, Egyptians, Tudors, Medieval castles, Industrial revolution, Native Americans, WWI, WWII, Cold war (possibly, I'm not sure).

WWI and II were in most detail, but that's probably also because we were oldest at that time so actually got told more. There was a lot of criticising sources and propaganda etc. We did WWI poetry in English around the same time.

At some point in this time we also learned about the Moon Landing and JFK conspiracies, I think probably just before WWI.

What I find interesting now is how we learned a lot about Native American culture and the like, but nothing about the genocide, whereas WWII had a massive amount in about the Holocaust.

EDIT: OH and also we did some stuff on slavery. I remember now. And in talk about the world wars we learned about the Manchuria crisis over east.

I'm from the UK btw.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Apr 30, 2013,
actually tho, mostly about the colonisation of new zealand, and then when i had to take history in college we learnt about russia and the cold war for like the whole year.
As far as I'm aware, most people at my school who continued history to A-level (so just after compulsory secondary school) did almost entirely Russia.
oh yeah we learned about dumb ancient civilizations like Greece and Egypt too

And a little bit about Atilla the Hut type stuff
Yeah I don't remember learning a massive amount at school about the ancients, apart from some stuff about mummies and that when I was very young, and some stuff about Romans in Britain.

To be honest though it's hard to remember what I was taught at school and what I read in my "Horrible History" books and learned via Age of Empires haha.
I remember learning about the Aztecs ripping people's hearts out in like grade 2. Shit was traumatizing.
Pretty much the entirety of Canadian history from first settlement to the modern day. All the basic ancient civilizations, civil war era American history, bit of stuff on Natives. Covered what was going on in Europe from like the 1400s on. hard to remember everything i learned since i read a lot of history books and the like on my own as well (lol nerd alert).
Born, raised and educated in Ireland. My history lessons basically taught us that the English were bad, very, very bad.
It was mainly WWII, Tudors and Romans. Then we got a choice of American West or History of medicine.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Here in Portugal we're taught pretty much everything since the cavemen to the modern days.

What pertains to our own country's history is taught with much more detail, of course, but we learn about the history of the whole world in general.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I never got WWII. they mentioned that it happened but we never studied it. We did a lot on WWI but only the Western Front, (the Eastern front was also mentioned but in no real detail.)
There was a lot about British politics in the late 1800's and early 1900's and some stuff about mining. Viking and Romans were both covered very briefly. There was some stuff about slavery and Scottish independence but very little about any other countries history.

There is probably some stuff I have forgotten about but about half of the history I know, I learned myself.
In primary school we got taught the usual 'Egyptians' 'roman empire' that kinda crap.

High school was pretty much Tudor and WW2 and how my teacher said "how the Americans came in at the last minuet and took all the glory"...He had a pretty big hatred of Americans but I didn't listen in History so I don't know whether or not is views are even remotely true.

It's called history for a reason and as a rule, I always look to the future and ignore the past.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Old Egypt
Old Greece
Old Rome
Middle ages
renaissance
Colonialism
age of enlightenment
Technological Revolution

Dutch-Spanish war
Golden Age
Decline of Holland
Napoleontic Wars
France-German war
Crimean War
History of the USA/ and Rise of Capitalism
History of Russia/ and Rise of communism
World War 1
World War 2
Cold War

I think that about covers it. Did have history for 6 years though.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Apr 30, 2013,
We learn about how we kicked the Red man's ass, then kicked the British's twice, then kicked the South's ass, then kicked Mexico's' ass, then kicked Germany's ass twice, then kicked Japan's ass, then decided that we could kick Korea and Vietnam's asses but it isn't really worth it, then didn't kick the USSR's ass but made them pee their pants, then kicked Africa and South America's asses, and then kicked the Middle East's ass twice.

America: land of the free and the home of kicking ass!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Finnish history obviously.
Some Swedish history
A little about the first human settlements
Greek-Roman-Medieval-Renaissance
A lot of WWI and WWII
Cold War

Random other stuff: Columbus, Colonization, American Civil War and a bit more
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Quote by MadClownDisease
That I can remember (vaguely in order it was taught, from primary school up to end of secondary):
Romans, Egyptians, Tudors, Medieval castles, Industrial revolution, Native Americans, WWI, WWII, Cold war (possibly, I'm not sure).

Pretty Much the same, though I remember doing some Greek history in primary school as well.

GCSE History was pretty much WW1+2 and the Cold War.
We pretty much exclusively learned about WWII and modern Canadian (mostly Quebecois) history, all through secondary school at least.

Aaaaaaand that's why I found history class to be boring as f*ck.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Ancient Rome and that sort of stuff when we were younger, can't really remember most of what I did before GCSE though. I mostly remember learning about WW2, the Cold War, a bit of WW1 and Irish history in the 20th century (the shit that led to the partition of Ireland, and some stuff after). For A level we did 17th century English history, mostly constitutional stuff and the balance of power between the crown and parliament (I really enjoyed it), and 17th century Irish history which is basically the story of the British being a bunch of cunts and how Ireland became such a shithole. I went to school in Northern Ireland.
Rape and pillage.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by MadClownDisease

Exactly this but without Native Americans.
OH GOD I've just remembered we also did the Norman/Saxon/Viking war over Britain.

I remember recreating the Battle of Hastings in the school field.
I went to secondary school in Belgium and MY GOD are they self-centered. We studied cavemen and stuff in year 1, Egyptian and Mesopotamian stuff in year 2, then Greek and Roman civilizations in year 3. In year 4, it was Middle Ages and Age of Exploration stuff. Year 5, was ALL ABOUT BELGIUM throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, I seriously couldn't tell you anything else about anywhere during those centuries. Year 6 was "World War I in Belgium" and then what's been going on in Belgian politics since then.

It was one of the most pointless history classes ever.
Quote by MadClownDisease

To be honest though it's hard to remember what I was taught at school and what I read in my "Horrible History" books and learned via Age of Empires haha.

That was my education too man.

But outside of that, we learnt Romans and WWII at primary level, then after that we did the Tudors in great detail, the History of Medicine - Galen and Greece right through to Ether and Victorians, Hitler's rise to power and WWI and Luther and the reformation, rise of protestantism sorta thing
The history classes where I live are shit, they mostly teach about the discovery and colonization of the new world. I barely remember a lot of the stuff they mentioned, but I remember talking about the Latin American Wars, and some stuff with Cuba and Spain.
A-level = Elizabeth I to Charles I, Russian revolution (from the fall of the Tsar's to Stalin, in my coursework I chose to focus on the role of Trotsky), Germany from Kaiser to Fuhrer, European reformation.

GCSE = WWII, vietnam war, American civil rights movement, Cold war
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
History had not been invented yet when I was in school. We called it current events.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I don't remember much about elementary school or middle school history. I know we talked about the Aztecs in like 6th grade, and I only remember that because I thought they were awesome.

High school went as such:

9th Grade: American History - Age of Discovery -> Civil war (spent a lot of time on the Revolution and the Civil War)
10th Grade: American History - Reconstruction -> 1960s (mostly focused on WWII from what I remember)
11th Grade: World Cultures - Discussed different cultures and religious traditions
12th Grade: Politics and Economics of the US

I went on to study history at university, but that's a whole different story.
I learned everything
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by benonbass1

That was my education too man.

I'm definitely making my kids read Horrible Histories and play Age of Empires when I have some. Total War games and Civilization will also be acceptable.

I learned so much from computer games. Commandos, Medal of Honour, and Call of Duty were all great teachers too for WW2.

To be honest I've even learned a lot from fantasy RPGs. I have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of weapons and armour.
Quote by Muffinz
Finnish history obviously.
Some Swedish history
A little about the first human settlements
Greek-Roman-Medieval-Renaissance
A lot of WWI and WWII
Cold War

Random other stuff: Columbus, Colonization, American Civil War and a bit more

Plus stone age etc, ancient Rome + Greece + Egypt(both war stuff and cultural stuff) and Christian history. I think that's it. History is a big subject in Finland.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
A bit of the egyptian and roman empires, our independence from what is now Spain, how Portugal ruled the world in the 15th and 16th century, how we became the poor but proud country we are these days, the two world wars and the creation of the European Union, mostly.
Last edited by little_boy at Apr 30, 2013,
Page 1 of 2