Hi ! I Have Vintage VS6 Guitar, 2 Wilkinson humbuckers, 2 volumes and 2 tones, 3-way toggle switch. When i plug my guitar to my amp, no sound. Nothing. Just quiet. Problem is NOT With cable or amp. I know it. There is wiring diagram: ht tp ://www.guitarelectronics. com/product/WD2HH3T22_00/Guitar-Wiring-Diagam-w-2-Humbuckers3-Way-Toggle-Switch2-Volumes2-Tones.html

And pictures from MY guitar:
ht tp ://imgur. com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY
ht tp ://imgur. com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY#1
ht tp ://imgur. com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY#2
ht tp ://imgur. com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY#3
ht tp ://imgur. com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY#4
ht tp ://imgur. com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY#5

(Remove spaces from links)
Last edited by lehtis at Apr 30, 2013,
Has this just started?
My first guess would be a short somewhere and from a quick glance at the pictures I'd be looking at the grey cable that goes from the 3-way to the jack first - especially if you get no sound whatever position the switch is in. Any contact between the inner core and the braided sheath that's being used to earth it will kill the signal.

As a convenience to future visitors:
http://imgur.com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY
Last edited by von Layzonfon at Apr 30, 2013,
I've never looked at an SG so can't be of much help, I can say though there is some messy solderwork. If it was me I'd start again on those crazy blobs of solder mess, clean it up and re do it. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a problem fixed like that.

Looking at the input jack, I'm used to seeing 2 cables (white + black) coming from an input jack, i'm assuming they are hiding inside the fat gray cable.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
I've never looked at an SG so can't be of much help, I can say though there is some messy solderwork. If it was me I'd start again on those crazy blobs of solder mess, clean it up and re do it. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a problem fixed like that.

Looking at the input jack, I'm used to seeing 2 cables (white + black) coming from an input jack, i'm assuming they are hiding inside the fat gray cable.

Yes, there is white cable inside grey and between grey and white is another.
Quote by von Layzonfon
Has this just started?
My first guess would be a short somewhere and from a quick glance at the pictures I'd be looking at the grey cable that goes from the 3-way to the jack first - especially if you get no sound whatever position the switch is in. Any contact between the inner core and the braided sheath that's being used to earth it will kill the signal.

As a convenience to future visitors:
http://imgur.com/cRHIb5b,x3gbSho,nzhzeLK,MUTSpxb,sYuvrLh,dK1FyQY

Yes, i cant get any sound with any position with da lever.