I'm looking to change the pickups on my Ibanez. The INF set I have right now sounds really muddy in general. I was looking to buy either the Crunchlab/Liquifier set or some D-Activators. I'm looking for a tight low end sound that responds to pick attack, an agressive sound I guess you could say. Also, I was wondering if I would have to buy them F-Spaced or regular.

Any help is appreciated.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Not sure I can be much help with the pickup choice; I don't have enough experience with the various ones out there.

But, you want f-spaced. I have the flamed maple version of that guitar and I got f-spaced when I switched out the bridge pickup. What I got was the SD Invader (this was about 2 or 3 years ago). After getting it I don't think it's quite my cup of tea, it's a little darker than I prefer. But it is tight and aggressive, so that might be something you would like. It has a very big beefy sound. I know a lot of people like it, so it could be something to look into.
Quote by TJHague
Not sure I can be much help with the pickup choice; I don't have enough experience with the various ones out there.

But, you want f-spaced. I have the flamed maple version of that guitar and I got f-spaced when I switched out the bridge pickup. What I got was the SD Invader (this was about 2 or 3 years ago). After getting it I don't think it's quite my cup of tea, it's a little darker than I prefer. But it is tight and aggressive, so that might be something you would like. It has a very big beefy sound. I know a lot of people like it, so it could be something to look into.

Thanks for the response, man. May I ask the reason why they have to be f-spaced? I read something about the poles being aligned with the string, not quite sure how to measure that on my guitar. I'm a total newbie when it comes to customizing so please bare with me haha.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Quote by Killer Bob 912
Thanks for the response, man. May I ask the reason why they have to be f-spaced? I read something about the poles being aligned with the string, not quite sure how to measure that on my guitar. I'm a total newbie when it comes to customizing so please bare with me haha.
If you have a Floyd-Rose style bridge the string spacing is slightly wider (the "F" in "F-spaced" is for "Floyd") so, as you have read, the poles on the pickups are spaced slightly wider to give better alignment with the strings.

If you really want to measure it, just measure the distance between the strings at the bridge.
Quote by von Layzonfon
If you have a Floyd-Rose style bridge the string spacing is slightly wider (the "F" in "F-spaced" is for "Floyd") so, as you have read, the poles on the pickups are spaced slightly wider to give better alignment with the strings.

If you really want to measure it, just measure the distance between the strings at the bridge.

Gotcha man, thanks for the help!
Quote by PsiGuy60
What von Layzonfon said. That particular guitar has an edge III tremolo, correct? The spacing on that is f-spaced. The pole pieces wouldn't line up well if you went with standard spacing.