I need to find a work of fiction (movie –non documentary, song, or fictional novel) that contains some hidden economics and write a 4-5 page paper on it. Anyone got any suggestions?

Random rules that the assignment has..

4. Use some common sense with these guidelines. Swear words or an R-rating for a movie doesn’t automatically disqualify them. For example, if your choice uses bad language but it is really limited that may be OK, but if they have to beep every other word then forget about it.
5. You may use a video game for the project, however, your paper must be about the storyline for the game not the actual gameplay.
6. You may not use the movies “Fun with Dick and Jane” or “The pursuit of Happiness”.
7. Any variation of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will score a 0/30 for originality.
Empire.

Not the Star Wars movie, the Andy Warhol movie.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Serious answer - David Croenenberg's Cosmopolis. Swearing and sex in that though, but it is very good.
Quote by Nero Galon
Oh my god, serious nostalgia.

100% satisfaction for once too.

Watch the movie. It's still great.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Watch the movie. It's still great.

OH GOD.

It's all coming back to me now!

Quote by a0kalittlema0n
I need to find a work of fiction (movie –non documentary, song, or fictional novel) that contains some hidden economics and write a 4-5 page paper on it. Anyone got any suggestions?

Random rules that the assignment has..

4. Use some common sense with these guidelines. Swear words or an R-rating for a movie doesn’t automatically disqualify them. For example, if your choice uses bad language but it is really limited that may be OK, but if they have to beep every other word then forget about it.
5. You may use a video game for the project, however, your paper must be about the storyline for the game not the actual gameplay.
6. You may not use the movies “Fun with Dick and Jane” or “The pursuit of Happiness”.
7. Any variation of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will score a 0/30 for originality.

Most easy one would be A Beautiful Mind.

Novel: Atlas Shrugged.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
in LOZi realise the economy is geting worse thefurster down thetimeline you get

in wind waker ****ing you can holdl a shit ton of ruppes

seriously dont care
Wall Street with Charlie Sheen and Michael Douglas is pretty good, but it's a bit old.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Most easy one would be A Beautiful Mind.

Novel: Atlas Shrugged.

My suggestion as well
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Or take one of the two Keynes vs. Hayek rap vids and discuss their ideas.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
This sounds like a ridiculously stupid paper. Colleges these days....

I recommend the bible.
Quote by progdude93
This sounds like a ridiculously stupid paper. Colleges these days....

I recommend the bible.

born in 93

talks about things "these days"

ok kid
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Lol, I remember when I was 20....ah who the hell am I kidding. No I don't.

HOORAAAAAYYYYY BEER!

....and vodka....

....and gin....

....and the occasional scotch when I'm feeling fancy....
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Team Fortress 2 and it's Hatconomy

War Economy in Metal Gear Solid universe, specifically MGS IV (this is pretty lore intensive)

Bioshock, for a more interesting Atlas Shrugged
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Apr 30, 2013,
Red Dead Redemption or Ferris Bueller
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by TunerAddict
born in 93

talks about things "these days"

ok kid

Actually, my son was born in 93. Stop assuming.
Quote by rockingamer2
Team Fortress 2 and it's Hatconomy

War Economy in Metal Gear Solid universe, specifically MGS IV (this is pretty lore intensive)

Bioshock, for a more interesting Atlas Shrugged

I thought about bringing up MGS
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Quote by progdude93
Actually, my son was born in 93. Stop assuming.

Blatant lie, as I have no children. Point still stands.

I also thought of MGS, but in MGS4, it's not hidden at all. It's the main focus of the game.
Last edited by progdude93 at Apr 30, 2013,
The Wizard of Oz

Hint: The yellow brick road is the gold standard.
Quote by progdude93
I recommend the bible.
You just inspired me to write a "Economics of God" paper based on economics in the Bible.
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Last edited by GNR_Duff_rules at May 2, 2013,
Some of the conflict in the Universal Century timeline of Mobile Suit Gundam, especially in Char's Counterattack and Gundam Unicorn, is based around economic issues.

You see, the earth has been depleted of all its resources and mankind has destroyed the environment through overpopulation and over industrialization. This is one of the main reasons space was colonized.

The colonies became resource centers and agricultural production centers. The aristocrats moved back to earth eventually, ruling the colonies from below. But the Earth Federation government was corrupt, and their refusal to allow the colonies the right to govern themselves combined with generally poor living conditions and the disproportionate allocation of resources caused tensions to rise, eventually leading to an armed rebellion.

If the colonies were independent, the Federation couldn't extort them of their resources. The Federation's wealth was based entirely on extorting the colonies and keeping them down.

While it was Char Aznable's wish to rid the world of the extortionist aristocracy and move the entire population of the eathsphere into space to accelerate the evolution of Newtypes, Full Frontal aimed to force the Federation into submission to gain political independence. With the ability to charge their own prices for the resources they produced, the space colonies would be able to shift the balance of economic power from the Earth Federation government to the independent space colonies under the The Principality of Zeon. Without the economic advantage, political power would move from the hands of a few to the common people.
Quote by BelowTheSun
Serious answer - David Croenenberg's Cosmopolis. Swearing and sex in that though, but it is very good.

100% support this. Plus I should add it has Paul Giamatti in it.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
100% support this. Plus I should add it has Paul Giamatti in it.

Because who doesn't love Paul Giamatti

Quote by Obsceneairwaves

For a movie Margin Call is really worth a watch. Or if you want to use a game I recommend Bioshock.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn