honestly if i knew more terminology it would be so helpful asking this question because it's really not complicated at all.... but just bear with me please -- from now on everything in italics is me doing my best to describe what i'm talking about. the link to the musics right bellow

http://web.mit.edu/gcollver/www/GCJtch/Plucking_arpeggio/Pdf_files/plucking_arpeggio_study.pdf

the c & e "chord" that repeats over and over again in the beginning -- when two of them are "tied" together, how exactly do i play that?

beginning in the "33rd measure" when it shows one "stem" and 2 notes (one on each side of the stem & one of them being a half and the other being a quarter) how exactly do i play that? it's always the same note on each side of the stem so its not a chord... i used to play piano (a while ago) and i never saw that notation before
Quote by tall011
honestly if i knew more terminology it would be so helpful asking this question because it's really not complicated at all.... but just bear with me please -- from now on everything in italics is me doing my best to describe what i'm talking about. the link to the musics right bellow
the c & e "chord" that repeats over and over again in the beginning -- when two of them are "tied" together, how exactly do i play that?
The ties indicate a "hold". You only play the first set, and hold through the second. I think it's customary to notate it like that when the hold runs through the beginning of the next measure.

Quote by tall011
beginning in the "33rd measure" when it shows one "stem" and 2 notes (one on each side of the stem & one of them being a half and the other being a quarter) how exactly do i play that? it's always the same note on each side of the stem so its not a chord... i used to play piano (a while ago) and i never saw that notation before
This is a guess but, the only way you could play that figure would be on a stringed instrument at the point of string unison. Play the open note and its fretted counterpart together, and release the fretted string sooner.

Like I said, that's a guess, but it's the only way I see that happening.