Anyone here carry a SAK? I've been looking at buying one, maybe in the tinker series as they replace they corkscrew (Wine is pretty much the only alchohol I don't drink) with a philips head.

Anyone have any recommendations or know good places to buy in the UK?
I have a couple, a Huntsman and a Swisschamp.

The Huntsman I bought in Go Outdoors, was a pretty good price, just undercutting online retailers.
I bought the Swisschamp in Interlaken, in Switzerland. That tool is massive and mostly unneeded (it's the second biggest you can get I think).

But yeah, outdoor shops are pretty much the only way to go aside interwebs. Be careful about carrying it too, popo can get arsey about them.
Silverburst
I have one but I don't carry it with me all the time. I'll take it if I'm doing stuff outside or anything like that
I've got a couple. One I bought for myself, and I was bought one as a birthday present a couple of years ago. Bloody handy when I was at Uni, don't use it much these days though.

They are legal to carry, but people can still get a bit funny... Especially if you look shifty!

I bought mine from a tobacconist in Brighton, they stocked a fair few. Other than that, Outdoorsy shops seem to be the only place to get them.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by kaptink
Anyone here carry a SAK? I've been looking at buying one, maybe in the tinker series as they replace they corkscrew (Wine is pretty much the only alchohol I don't drink) with a philips head.

Anyone have any recommendations or know good places to buy in the UK?

Screw those sissy knives! What you want is this. http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/88WGS/TWO_HANDED_GREAT_SWORD.aspx
Quote by Insanity ninja
popo can get arsey about them.

I thought you were generally good for carrying them around day to day if the knife doesn't have a locking blade?
Quote by Joeval

I bought mine from a tobacconist in Brighton, they stocked a fair few. Other than that, Outdoorsy shops seem to be the only place to get them.

Is that the one on Bond st? might have a peek in there.
I carry a sak.

I you know what i mean...
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
I have two from my dad's work trips to Switzerland and you can feel the difference in quality between swiss and chinese ones. I also have a chinese one with a wood shell.

I normally carry some sort of multi-tool for quick preshow setups at the venue and similar stuff. A good SAK is great for that, and I would recommend every guitarist carry some form of SAK or leatherman or such for quick repairs and maintenance on the road if they know how.

I plan on getting SOG flash II or kilowatt soon too.
Quote by kaptink
I thought you were generally good for carrying them around day to day if the knife doesn't have a locking blade?

I heard something about it being under 4' and having a good reason to carry it, but I'm not sure about that... I don't get the whole locking blade thing, it's there to stop you cutting your own fingers off. Chances are if you're gonna stab someone, a locking blade would make much difference as to whether you did or not...

But yeah, they can't do you for it as such, but they get suspicious about it, and can be damn unhelpful.

I was going fishing and I had mine on my belt. I was walking to a lake with all of my gear and the pricks still asked me why I was carrying it and what the intended purpose was. I don't normally have anything against the police, but they can be really douchey if you get the wrong ones.
Silverburst
In the UK the general guideline is actually 3 inches - I had to look this up a few weeks ago for my stepdad.

Even though technically the laws allow blades under 3", there are also loads of reports on the internet of people being arrested for having them anyway - if the police believe you have intent to use it as a weapon, the size doesn't matter, you're still gonna get done.

I also noticed there's a clause in the law which allows people with only one arm to have one with a locking blade, for people with both arms locking blades are illegal regardless of size.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
In the UK the general guideline is actually 3 inches - I had to look this up a few weeks ago for my stepdad.

Probably the greatest line in the pit ever!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at May 1, 2013,
Quote by Insanity ninja

But yeah, outdoor shops are pretty much the only way to go aside interwebs. Be careful about carrying it too, popo can get arsey about them.

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Quote by kaptink
Is that the one on Bond st? might have a peek in there.

It is indeed. Taylors Tobacconist, on Bond street.
The guy in there really knows his stuff as well, bought some excellent cigars from him a few times.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Insanity ninja
*post*

The only law I'm aware of here is that it has to be under 4.25 inches (folded) in order to be carried concealed in public.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by slash_GNR666

Probably the greatest line in the pit ever!

Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud