This question is for the older Star Wars fans on this site. Did anybody go see the Empire Strikes Back during its initial theatrical release back in 1980? If so, do you remember the audience reaction during the iconic scene where Vader reveals to Luke that he is his father?? I've always wondered what the initial reaction was to that scene before it became a part of pop culture. Sadly I already knew of Luke's parentage the first time i saw Empire, so I didnt get to experience the shock others may have during that scene.
Last edited by austenxmetal at Apr 30, 2013,
Thank you for the spoiler alert.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Goddammit you asshole, way to ruin the movie.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Any one ever see the star wars holiday special, with the original star wars cast? chances are you haven't. It was only aired once as people claimed it to be "the worst show ever to appear on prime time television" You can find it on the internet, I watched it today and feel like my IQ went down. It has chewbaccas family in it, here is a picture of chewies father itchy, as he appeared in the show:

more info here.

EDIT: forgot to mention it features the band Jefferson Starship in it as a holographic band
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Last edited by luvs2gro at May 1, 2013,
Quote by luvs2gro
Any one ever see the star wars holiday special, with the original star wars cast? chances are you haven't. It was only aired once as people claimed it to be "the worst show ever to appear on prime time television" You can find it on the internet, I watched it today and feel like my IQ went down. It has chewbaccas family in it, here is a picture of chewies father itchy, as he appeared in the show:

more info here.

EDIT: forgot to mention it features the band Jefferson Starship in it as a holographic band

I have seen it, and yes, it is terrible.

Watching it with the Rifftrax commentary made it a hell of a lot better.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Yes, I saw "Star Wars" (now SW:ANH) and Empire during first release in the theater.

The audience to the reveal was a mixed from shock/surprise to "Are you ****ing kidding me?"

I also saw the Holiday Special when it originally aired on TV as I was already a massive Star Wars freak. I was 8 years old at the time and thought it was horrible as did most of my friends who saw it as well.

It was even worse than "KISS meets the Phantom of the Park"
I love the hell out of Star Wars but I gotta admit, it's not really a great twist. It's some soap opera shit really.

I watched it at a pretty early age and long after the original release (before the first edits though I think) and it just confused me because I thought Darth Vader was a robot.