So, I'm about to buy an Interface, and had almost locked down on the Native Instruments Komplete 6. Then out of nowhere, I stumble on to the Roland UA55 QuadCapture (http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLUA55). All I want to know if the auto sense is worth the loss of two analog inputs. Also, if anyone has experience between the two in general, any comment is welcome.
I own the Octa Capture and I looove it, I am a big fan of the auto sense feature. It helps me save a lot of time. However, you have to make sure you hit the source very loud so that it doesn't clip while you record, but you get used to it pretty fast. I've used it a lot in band situations and I have never needed to adjust the auto sense afterwards.
As for the analog inputs, why do you need them?
My friends and I tend to multi track record. Its just a habit we formed jamming together. I know that the 1/4s behind the interfaces arent too good, but it would do for synths and keyboards right?
Quote by DreamGate
My friends and I tend to multi track record. Its just a habit we formed jamming together. I know that the 1/4s behind the interfaces arent too good, but it would do for synths and keyboards right?

if your jamming alot maybe a USB mixer would be better option as a interface ?
something like a Mackie ProFX8 8-Channel USB

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MACPROFX8
I've done extensive research and I've seen that a lot of us mixers have complaints of latency and many of them dont have multi tracking (also because, in my local market, the cost of mixers are about a quarter higher than interfaces.) i've decided to go with the Kontrol 6, unless in a day or two, someone can verify that the extra 1/4 inputs are not worth the bang And the auto sense is. The Komplete being around 75 usd's costlier than the quad.
Quote by DreamGate
I've done extensive research and I've seen that a lot of us mixers have complaints of latency and many of them dont have multi tracking (also because, in my local market, the cost of mixers are about a quarter higher than interfaces.) i've decided to go with the Kontrol 6, unless in a day or two, someone can verify that the extra 1/4 inputs are not worth the bang And the auto sense is. The Komplete being around 75 usd's costlier than the quad.

I nice to know, I have a behringer USB mixer and you can only record 2 mono tracks at a time with that not 8, but that didn't surprise me ( if it did 8 that would push the value rating thought the roof when compared to other 8 channel interface options out there)

I didn't notice any issues once I used the right ASIO driver and got USB 2 working instead of USB 1 ( there was afew Hick ups there ) but in the end I didn't see any latency issues with the behringer model on USB 2. ( I posted the Mackie thinking it is a better brand )

if you done your research I beleave you , a dedicated interface must have something over a Mixer USB, AND I didn't test my mixer fully only for afew days, I have a delta 1010 so I'm using that as my main interface.
Its just a bunch of people on the internet so I guess I shouldnt put too much weight on it, but still their words carry some weight at the least, and so does yours. But as I said, the mixers are a little past my budget cuz of the market. Damn you people and your currency value. xD