Short and sweet: I love my strat. However I also love stainless steel frets, especially since I use heavier strings. Unfortunately, like most strats, mine has nickel frets. Obviously I'm going to use them until they need to be replaced - no sense wasting money when they still work - but I have every intention to get it refretted with stainless steel down the road when it needs new frets.

How much would I be looking at to get a maple fretboard(I believe maple costs more to refret) refretted with stainless medium-jumbo wire? Again, this is a good few years down the road, not an immediate thing in any way. Just want to know well in advance.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
It really depends on the shop you go to but a ballpark for a refret would be like $300. Stainless steel fret wire isn't significantly more expensive than nickel, so maybe a $10-$20 surcharge?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Warmoth charge an extra $20 for stainless steel frets (instead of nickel) when buying one of their necks, seems about right.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Your looking at $400 at least.
Most techs around my area charge $300 for a basic refret then $50 for maple and $50 for stainless..
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Depends where you are, for starters. "The moon" doesn't tell us even what country you're in. The price of work in the US is far more than the price of the same task in Poland, for example...

Anyhoo, stainless steel frets aren't much more of an issue than normal frets. It just takes a little longer to round the ends and crown them.
The problem you have is the maple fretboard. You can't get that refretted without having the neck refinished; one of the many reasons why I never buy guitars with maple boards. It's the refinish that will account for most of the cost and time. Stainelss steel or normal, a refret on a maple board can take anywhere from a month to six months to finish and usually costs about as much as a good-quality guitar does. It is almost always cheaper to buy a brand new replacement neck—hit up USACG and Musikraft for MIA Fender quality at the lowest prices with the most options—than it is to get a maple frteboard refretted.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Sorry about the time for a reply, forgot about this thread due to finals.

Unfortunately, I had a bad feeling it'd cost something like that. Just spec'd out a neck that's pretty much the same - love the way the neck feels, so if I have to chuck it, a near-identical replacement would be best - except with a satin back and stainless frets, and the difference in price between Warmoth and Musikraft is only $7 USD, so can I get some ideas about the differences between the two?

The increased cost of stainless steel frets has little to do with the cost of the fret wire. Rather, it is the labor cost associated with cutting, fitting and polishing stainless steel frets. The "stainless" part (chromium, vanadium, molybdenum, whatever) is a royal bitch to work with once it has been properly heat-treated, which frets already are. The materials that make the steel "stainless" also make it very hard and very, very resistant to cutting tools. It does make for great fret wire, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by necrosis1193
and the difference in price between Warmoth and Musikraft is only $7 USD, so can I get some ideas about the differences between the two?
I've got necks from both and I've fitted necks from both to guitars for other people. I don't know anybody, myself included, who still has the Warmoth necks on their guitars. Every Musikraft neck I've got or fitted for somebody else has remained. Musikraft simply do a much better job on the frets and nut, the truss rod is nice and normal and the wider range of neck contours they offer gives you a much better chance of getting something that really fits your hand. Warmoth's double truss rod dramatically changes the tone of a neck when compared to an otherwise identical one, making it much brighter and noticably cutting sustain. Steel frets already brighten the tone a little bit so the combination of the two is quite unbearable, you end up with humbuckers that sound like Tele pickups. The less said about what happens to single coils, the better...
There's also the issue that if you're not used to setting up such things, Warmoth's necks come without the frets levelled and rounded, the fretboard sides are left square and the nuts are cut very high. The finishes are also very simple, quick nitro spray-jobs; their satin nitro is actually gloss nitro that they just don't buff out, so it will turn glossy as you use it.
Musikraft do round their fret ends, level the frets, slightly roll the fretboard edges, cut the nuts to a medium height and finish their necks properly. They're a smaller company, so they can afford to take the time to do these things.

Warmoth make fantastic bodies but are no good for necks. Musikraft make fantastic necks and very plain, average bodies. Put the two together and you're sorted.

Don't forget, there's also USACG, who will bend over backwards to do absolutely anything you want. Downside is they have no convenient site to order from.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Alright, again, it's a few years off, but once needed, Musikraft it is unless USACG blows me away if/when I call them once it arrives. Thanks again for the info.