Page 2 of 4
OP Updated
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Can I do a guitar+vocals cover of Little Wing by Hendrix? I believe that'd fall under either easy or intermediate. I've known how to play the intro for a long time, but never tried to piece the whole thing together with solo, vocals, etc.

Do I have to follow the exact song to a tee? or can I get a little improv-ey with it?
Quote by mjones1992
Can I do a guitar+vocals cover of Little Wing by Hendrix? I believe that'd fall under either easy or intermediate. I've known how to play the intro for a long time, but never tried to piece the whole thing together with solo, vocals, etc.

Do I have to follow the exact song to a tee? or can I get a little improv-ey with it?

Do it how you want, nothing wrong with some improv but if you want to play it note for note then there's no reason not to.
Good choice, love that song.

And that would come under advanced. I covered A Day At The Beach a couple of months back, which uses the same tapping technique, but put it in intermediate. I think Midnight is sufficiently faster and harder that it needs to be in advanced though.
Quote by mjones1992

As long as the song is still recognizable you can improv a bit. I think it falls under easy.

Quote by leony03
Yo.

Ey yo.

OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by nico_9550
I've finnally decided I'll be doing Midnight - Joe Satriani, I'm not sure on if it is an intermediate or an advanced song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpXr31S56CU

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes! That is one of my favorite Satch songs EVER!

A tip; the middle section is hard. :P
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Ey yo.

I will definitely enter next month Might be able to run it as well to give you a break if you want
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
I will definitely enter next month Might be able to run it as well to give you a break if you want

Coolio d00d.

I'm still pretty good for running it since I'm not super swamped yet but if you want to run it, feel free.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Coolio d00d.

I'm still pretty good for running it since I'm not super swamped yet but if you want to run it, feel free.

I'll have nothing to do next month apart from job searching so i dont mind
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Sure dude. Go for it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
My recording is gonna take a bit longer than it should because I have to copy the drum tab from here onto guitar pro, the export it as a midi for my VST
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
OP updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
If it's not too late, stick me down for Bite My Tongue - You Me at Six, guitar, easy.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
If it's not too late, stick me down for Bite My Tongue - You Me at Six, guitar, easy.

No problemo dude.

OP updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Sure, I'll enter.

Rainbow's Kill The King for guitar. I'll do the bass too, just for the hell of it. Intermediate bass, advanced guitar, just because of Ritchie Blackmore being a badass.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My intermediate guitar cover: https://soundcloud.com/grungie/like-suicide

I messed up on a couple of parts for the cymbals right before the guitar solo, in guitar pro, but oh well, my guitar pro skills isn't what's being judged
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Does it have to be a GP drum track or can it be an actual drum kit recorded directly?
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Does it have to be a GP drum track or can it be an actual drum kit recorded directly?

Well you can use a real drum kit. I didn't because I don't have one
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by AllJudasPriest

You can track real drums if you'd like.

OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can track real drums if you'd like.
what about keyboards? Are drums and keyboards not part of the critique because not everyone has one?

Not sure if I can reach the deadline but I'll shoot for Ashes From The Oath by Axel Rudi Pell. Only there is a synth solo towards the end that is very difficult. Oh well, to the VCS 3.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Quote by AllJudasPriest
what about keyboards? Are drums and keyboards not part of the critique because not everyone has one?

Not sure if I can reach the deadline but I'll shoot for Ashes From The Oath by Axel Rudi Pell. Only there is a synth solo towards the end that is very difficult. Oh well, to the VCS 3.

You can play what you want.

The instruments without their own category go into the others section. People don't do keyboard and drum covers very much so there's no point to have a dedicated category for them until more people start submitting those kinds of covers.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can play what you want.
Okay then. I believe Ashes from the oath is advanced. I'll do all the instruments for it. So guitar, bass, drums, piano and synth.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
instruments without their own category go into the others section. People don't do keyboard and drum covers very much so there's no point to have a dedicated category for them until more people start submitting those kinds of covers.
That's what I figured, okay.
Everybody Dies

MY Soundcloud
Tears for todo el dolor
Siempre gritar tu nombre
No problemo dude.

Added.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Here is my Paranoid cover :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9LGIz09NQ

EDIT :
1) For information, the bass track is from GuitarPro file. The drum track is also from GuitarPro, exported to MIDI and played by Independence Free (it's a VSTi). And of course I played all guitars !

2) How does the voting works ? Do every participant vote for one other participant in each category ? Or is someone else voting ? Thanks for answering, because it's not told in the OP
Last edited by tsoun-net at May 13, 2013,
OP Updated.

6 days left guys. Good luck!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster