Page 1 of 2
I'm proud to say that I haven't played league of legends for two weeks. This game was a serious addiction of mine (playing up to 13 games a day, even on days when I had class). I've had to completely change how what gets me up in the morning, rely on support from friends, and avoid the strong temptation to reinstall. I've had a problem for a year now, but I think I'm finally done this time. I graduate from college soon. I have the summer off. I truely want to never play LoL again.

Share your stories of how you overcame addictions/made hard decisions. Anybody else had a problem with LoL taking up all your time?
lolnerd
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I play LoL, but jesus.

That's a shit ton of games a day.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
lol league of losers

Well done.

I used to play a lot of counter strike as a teenager, but it wasn't really an addiction or anything. I stopped playing it (and games in general) because it stopped being entertaining for me.
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 1, 2013,
It's a strange world when you can be a junkie and look at a guy like TS and think "At least I'm not THAT big of a loser"
Diablo 2 a bunch when i was maybe 14, now im 22, play halo occasionally, dont have a single game installed on my computer, dont waste your time with that, what do you get out of it?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I play LoL but I play like 4 - 5 games a day, and I only play on weekends mostly. Although I can see how that game can take a lot of time, just one game can last like 30 minutes and still feel like only 5 minutes have passed.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Diablo 2 a bunch when i was maybe 14, now im 22, play halo occasionally, dont have a single game installed on my computer, dont waste your time with that, what do you get out of it?

i know it man, that's the attitude that helps me get away from that shit... it's just so much god damn fun to win...

you might not think so, but once you start playing ranked competitively and realize that you really CAN use strategy and actually win games, it's hard to stop playing..
Too much time has been spent playing D2, Fallout 1 & 2, WoW, Rift, LoL, Dayz and many many others over the years. But I enjoyed it so who gives a toss.
them online games are designed to be addictive, to pull you in and jeep you hooked
I don't approve
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I play lol most afternoons and at least a couple of games a night and manage study fine. Good job kicking it I guess but I think learning some discipline is the key here haha.
a little lost.....
Just man up and quit.

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
used to play Runescape a shit ton when I was 12 all the way to when I was about 16. Shit is way too addicting man but eventually the game turned into ass and I stopped.
pinga
Aww man, Warcraft III bnet custom games, Diablo II, Starcraft. My teenage years summed up pretty much.

I hated Dota though, wintermaul wars was the shit though, but I could never get into Dota, funny since I actually like LoL, which is pretty much the same thing, just different graphics.
Quote by JackalUK
Too much time has been spent playing D2, Fallout 1 & 2, WoW, Rift, LoL, Dayz and many many others over the years. But I enjoyed it so who gives a toss.

That's kind've my attitude towards it as well, as long as it's not interfering with a job, or personal relationships.
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
Aww man, Warcraft III bnet custom games, Diablo II, Starcraft. My teenage years summed up pretty much.

I hated Dota though, wintermaul wars was the shit though, but I could never get into Dota, funny since I actually like LoL, which is pretty much the same thing, just different graphics.

I remember the good old days when you could go on the custom games list and find interesting things to play and not a massive list of "DOTA -AR -AB -GA -Y PRO ONLY NO NOOBS!!!1"
Tower wars were good. Tech wars was great (I totally made a shitty AI version for that that became pretty popular ). Some AOS maps were pretty good.

I wish WC3 worked on mountain lion
Quote by JimmyBanks6

fun
Quote by Thrashtastic15
fun

Sports is exponentially more fun to me, and at the end of the day i dont feel like i've wasted my time

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
u did tho. i waste my time with both.

+ lets face it, most of the "gamers" are just kids that were too uncoordinated to play sports
Quote by Thrashtastic15

+ lets face it, most of the "gamers" are just kids that were too uncoordinated to play sports

no i was just too fat also sports r boring games r fun deal w/ it
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Sports is exponentially more fun to me, and at the end of the day i dont feel like i've wasted my time

you're so inspiring
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Good for you, Jimmy.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Thrashtastic15
u did tho.
could be debated, although there are more benefits involved then gaming imo.

--------

^^ look at all the butthurt up in here, wasnt trying to inspire anything. Was merely explaining my opinion on the matter.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 1, 2013,
maybe just a bit.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Thrashtastic15

+ lets face it, most of the "musicians" are just kids that were too uncoordinated to play sports

fixed
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by institutions
congrats.

this kid cant even mow the lawn without having to take a break halfway through lololol
Quote by Thrashtastic15
this kid cant even mow the lawn without having to take a break halfway through lololol

lolol and you can't take any jokes without either getting super angry or getting super high.
i really do worry for your health.
Quote by institutions
lolol and you can't take any jokes without either getting super angry or getting super high.
i really do worry for your health.

um what u on about m8 too autistic
Quote by Thrashtastic15
um what u on about m8 too autistic

i just don't want you to die in like 3 years.
you're a good guy at heart, but your anger is very detrimental to your health.
I'm trying to cut caffeine.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by institutions
i just don't want you to die in like 3 years.
you're a good guy at heart, but your anger is very detrimental to your health.

dat truth
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
That's great, never be afraid to ask for help.
I bet none of these cats changed their own diapers.
Page 1 of 2