price range: $1500 and under
artists/guitarits: brian eschbach of TBDM and James Malone of Arsis
Preferences:
must have 24 frets
25.5" scale
must have a floyd rose style locking tremolo
black body and hardware
maple fretboard
Pickups: must be active. i don't care about the configuration as long as there's an emg 81 or a blackout in the bridge.
new or used: probably used
current gear: ibanez rg350ex

thanks

You just described the most generic metal/shredder guitar out there. Go to ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, even Charvel. Just research the most popular "metal" brands of guitars, you'll find something.

Don't expect us to do the leg-work.

Also, what kinda amp do you have? Any pedals?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by DoAndroidsDream

You just described the most generic metal/shredder guitar out there. Go to ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, even Charvel. Just research the most popular "metal" brands of guitars, you'll find something.

+1

If you can't find a guitar like that, you're doing it wrong.
Probably have to be an ESP MII.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Except the MII only has passives. Seymour Duncan JB and '59.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by DoAndroidsDream

Also, what kinda amp do you have? Any pedals?

Do you know of any? I can only think of the Schecter Hellraiser Extreme. Black and maple isn't very common.
The ESP MII would be a great choice, but from the ESP website, plus shipping, it'll be close to $1800, plus having to buy EMGs and have them put in.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Eh they arent that much second hand, they are pretty easy to find and relatively cheap for what they are.

Quote by DoAndroidsDream
Except the MII only has passives. Seymour Duncan JB and '59.

When he plays it, even with the Duncans he would probably be very happy with the tone anyway.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Hey, atpeace, how long have you been playing? What kinda amp are you playing through?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

You just basically described Schecter's Jeff Loomis series guitars without naming them lol. Black body, maple neck, floyd rose, active pickups, 24 frets EMG 81/85's in the 6 string version. Comes in 6 and 7 string models and it's under 1500.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Last edited by LightxGrenade at May 1, 2013,
Quote by atpeace6
price range: $1500 and under
artists/guitarits: brian eschbach of TBDM and James Malone of Arsis
Preferences:
must have 24 frets
25.5" scale
must have a floyd rose style locking tremolo
black body and hardware
maple fretboard
Pickups: must be active. i don't care about the configuration as long as there's an emg 81 or a blackout in the bridge.
new or used: probably used
current gear: ibanez rg350ex

thanks

Carvin.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Carvin.

^This. Search over; problem solved.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Carvin doesn't make many 24 fret models with a 25.5" scale length. The only 25.5" guitars they make are the bolt models and they only have 22 frets. The Jason Becker Tribute would work but they start at $1400 and they don't come with actives. The Jason Becker plus actives would be over his budget.
Quote by DoAndroidsDream
Hey, atpeace, how long have you been playing? What kinda amp are you playing through?

i've been playing almost 4 years and i have a peavey 5150 head and a mesa 2x12
Last edited by atpeace6 at May 2, 2013,
Starting at just $1499, the US Masters Vector nearly fits the bill (its customizable, like Carvin):

http://www.usmasters.com/VectorGuitar.htm

But at that price, you can go to a luthier...at least in the USA.

I have a few Jon Kammerers, one of which, but for it being all natural maple with passives, you'd probably like. It was under $1000. (Contactable via Facebook- he's rebuilding his website post some malware issues...)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by JELIFISH19
Carvin doesn't make many 24 fret models with a 25.5" scale length. The only 25.5" guitars they make are the bolt models and they only have 22 frets. The Jason Becker Tribute would work but they start at $1400 and they don't come with actives. The Jason Becker plus actives would be over his budget.

True, but I doubt that a half-inch is going to make a difference. Every Carvin I've played has been just fine with whatever scale length they use (most are 25"). But if it is that big of a deal, the TS could call Carvin and ask if they could make one of their 25" scale guitars with a 25.5" scale. I wouldn't be surprised if they said yes.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley