which of the DiMarzio's 7 string pick ups sounds more similar to the Super 3, cause I have a Super 3 and I love it but it saddens me to know that DiMarzio haven't made a 7 string version of it yet. which of the others sound more close to, I was thinking the D Activator 7? or tone zone? X2n7?
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
None of them will really do it, the Super 3 is just about the most overwound pickup you can get. You can't use the same sort of winding with a 7-string because the 7th string will become an indistinct mess. You have to make 7-string pickups and 6-string pickups differently to account for this. The Super 3 is the exact opposite of what you can get away with in a 7-string pickup.

Your best bets are the Seymour Duncan Distortion 7, Invader 7 and in theory the Nazgûl, though I'm waiting on my own unit before I can test that out and judge it properly. DiMarzio voice all their 7-string pickups with much weaker mids so the only ones there that will come close to the same sort of tone balance is the Air Noton 7, though that also has far less output than the Super 3 so it's not going to drive an amp in the same way.

The only 7-string pickup I've heard that actually does have the exact tone and output of the Super 3 would be the new EMG 85-7XH, but that's not on sale to the general public yet. It'd mean switching your guitar over to active, of course, too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
None of them will really do it, the Super 3 is just about the most overwound pickup you can get. You can't use the same sort of winding with a 7-string because the 7th string will become an indistinct mess. You have to make 7-string pickups and 6-string pickups differently to account for this. The Super 3 is the exact opposite of what you can get away with in a 7-string pickup.

Your best bets are the Seymour Duncan Distortion 7, Invader 7 and in theory the Nazgûl, though I'm waiting on my own unit before I can test that out and judge it properly. DiMarzio voice all their 7-string pickups with much weaker mids so the only ones there that will come close to the same sort of tone balance is the Air Noton 7, though that also has far less output than the Super 3 so it's not going to drive an amp in the same way.

The only 7-string pickup I've heard that actually does have the exact tone and output of the Super 3 would be the new EMG 85-7XH, but that's not on sale to the general public yet. It'd mean switching your guitar over to active, of course, too.

Sad day for me, I like actives but passive are just my thing even though that some of my influences use active. Do you have experience with Lace and their line of 7 string pick ups?? since I can't have the Super 3, I just try something totally new then.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Tenebrion
Sad day for me, I like actives but passive are just my thing even though that some of my influences use active. Do you have experience with Lace and their line of 7 string pick ups?? since I can't have the Super 3, I just try something totally new then.

I don't know about 7-string guitars but the lace golds in my bass sound pretty damn incredible, I was going to get some of those alumitone pickups for my 7-string but ended up getting some blackouts instead.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I've never used Lace's 7-string pickups, so I can't comment on them. All I can say is that Lace's humbuckers have never impressed me even half as much as their single coils. Whether what impresses me is the same thing that impresses you or not, however, is a different matter.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.