Hi guys,

To cut to the chase; I haven't played guitar realistically in over two years due to college, other responsibilities and the size of my rig. As a result of this I hate to think of what my guitar skills have deteriorated to.

My current rig is: Peavey JSX, Harley Benton G212 cab, Ibanez RG370DX (Dimarzio PAF pro in the neck and an evo 2 in the bride, stock middle) which I just can't bring to college with me.

Realistically, I can't really bring any amp with me so an audio interface seems to be the way to go. I of course, have no money and I kind of want to stick to relatively high quality equipment so I've been contemplating selling at least half of my rig, potentially even switching up guitars.

Before it's mentioned, I really can't afford to save up for an audio interface as all my money goes on college. I'm not even getting what I really want out of my rig at the moment as I'd prefer a nice, interesting, pedal board before the JSX.

Thoughts? The last time I contemplated this, Cathbard told me not to as I'd regret it one day. Well it's a year (I think?) later and I'm just not getting any use out of my rig.
Get a used Line 6 POD XT/2.0 and a set of headphones. Keep your amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
focusrite 2i4 interface is pretty good. i use it with guitar rig and it sounds good.
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz
A year is a very short time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Robbgnarly
Get a used Line 6 POD XT/2.0 and a set of headphones. Keep your amp.
...or a POD HD. If you're happy with the DI, I don't see why you would need to keep the amp. You could also use Studio Monitors over Headphones if you prefer.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I'll look into the interfaces, I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 -II headphones so I should be ok in that regard.

Quote by Cathbard
A year is a very short time.

Granted, but it's been about two where I haven't been able to play and I'm getting a bit restless.
Impatience is the downfall of many people. Before you know it you'll be wanting to gig and then you'll kick yourself if you got rid of your amp. Don't fall for the consumerism trap of turning over equipment for no good reason.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by conor-figgy
I'll look into the interfaces, I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 -II headphones so I should be ok in that regard.

Granted, but it's been about two where I haven't been able to play and I'm getting a bit restless.

But what happens when you are able to play again? Your going to have lots of bills for general living and your student loans. I doubt you'll have the extra cash to drop on an amp and cab that are as good as what you have or a while.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard
Impatience is the downfall of many people. Before you know it you'll be wanting to gig and then you'll kick yourself if you got rid of your amp. Don't fall for the consumerism trap of turning over equipment for no good reason.

x2. I made this same mistake while in school.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I was in the same spot two years ago. Picked up a Saffire 6 interface to play in the dorm, only got to play my rig over winter break. Now I've got an apartment (actually a two family home) and get to rip it up a ton while the downstairs residents are at work. So glad I didn't sell off my amps. And I've been doing a ton of dicking around with recording, which has been super beneficial to my playing.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Just keep in mind that it's when you are gigging that it really matters. Don't screw yourself up for the important long tern aspect for short term dicking around. If you are just amusing yourself you can get away with just about anything; when you step on stage that's when you need the good shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Update time! Right, so I've actually somehow managed to get myself a job so I can now, begin to save up for things I want.

On the thoughts of audio interfaces, what are people's thoughts? I'd be looking to spend a maximum of €150.

The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 as clevelandcavs22 suggested above is €185 and the 2i2 is €135 (Thomann). The only difference between both is that the 2i4 has two extra analogue outputs (phono), MIDI capability and a headphone source selector.