Expecting a high tally for this one: my first solo was "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. Helped immensely with my pitch bending and was an all-around good solo to start with since it is relatively easy (in retrospect...) and very fitting with the song, making it enjoyable to play over and over again.

Wouldn't exactly call it a solo since it's an instrumental piece, but I'm currently working on Eric Johnson's famous tune, "Cliffs of Dover". I'm also tackling some Maiden solos, but very, very slowly!
I deride the notion that there is discussion to be had in/on/around this topic.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
First solo? The opening one to Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metallica. I'm pretty proud to say that I could play it at full speed about a week into my adventures of playing guitar.

I'm currently working on Point to Point and On Impulse by Animals as Leaders. I really wish I could pick up the damn sweeps Tosin does in Point to Point as fast as I used to pick stuff up, but oh well. It's pretty damn awesome slowed down or at normal speed, so I'm happy either way.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
My first one was aerosmith-angel . It was a lovely tune reason why i learned it. Right now im not working on any solos but i im still kinda trying to master stairway to heaven solo . Gotta make it sound like page.
I really don't see the point in this, it's the thread equivalent of one of those "name a fish without the letter a" posts on Facebook.

First solo is a useful question for noobs to ask if they're looking to know where to start, this is just going to be a bunch of posts that aren't really that useful to anyone with little to no scope for actual discussion
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com