Page 1 of 4
I think that David Gilmour was the one who said that he would love to had never listened (and also made) Dark Side of the Moon to see what his experience by listening the album would be.

If i could choose only once the experience of listening again for the very first time an album would be (today, not tomorrow) is "Abbey Road" album of The beatles, I still remember when i listened for the first time (an uncle, who was a musician, gave me a pirated copy of it as a present, and made me listen to it with his audiophones, my mind was blown out and i was probably arround 10).

By this thread we could discover albums that had blown people minds that we haven't still listened and we can share our experiences!

Pd1: Can someone confirm that the inicial phrase was said by David Gilmour? I can't find the exact words on the net by hum
Pd2:So, I normally don't do threads on the pit, but i think this could be fun
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Deja Entendu
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Gwen Stefani - Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

the anthem of a generation and imo the pinnacle of musical achievement so far.
Dream Theater - Senses From a Memory for sure
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Kezia - Protest the Hero

Is This It - The Strokes

Fück Your Emotional Bullshit - Snowing
Fortress - Protest the Hero
Everyone Into Position - Oceansize (this is my avatar btw)
10,000 Days - Tool

I dunno, loads of stuff.
I also wish I could watch The Mighty Boosh again for the first time.
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 1, 2013,
Dream Theater's Scenes from a Memory for sure.

The ending legit scared me so much I kicked out at a wall and broke of part of my toenail.
No other album's done that to me :3

But no really SfaM is like the greatest thing ever.

Or it would be if Rudess hadn't put in that shitty horn synth solo in beyond this life.
Finally Free was the tits though.
Could people explain why? What those albums means right now to you?

And can someone find the goddamn interview of gilmour (or someone else?) I'm getting crazy here.

Pd: I haven't listened to almost any of the albums that people had posted atm, lol...
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
IKSSE:3

Because there are few other albums that have me singing along and smiling the entire way through like a little school girl.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at May 2, 2013,
Quote by captainsnazz

I also wish I could watch The Mighty Boosh again for the first time.

Definitely.

I also wish I could watch Breaking Bad again for the first time.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Deja Entendu

Yes. I wish I could listen to Brand New in general for the first time again.

Or Everything in Transit by Jack's Mannequin. My favourite album for many, many reasons.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
A repeated traveler ordinarily would desire to http://iphonetec.co.uk/unlock-iphone-all-models/ his iPhone, as well. They could use a local SIM card whilst they're in a foreign country. Using this, they have only to worry about community telephone rates. It helps them dodge the steep international roaming fees after they will need to call dwelling to check in on their households or to explain work-related challenges of their offices.
This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing to Think About by Modest Mouse. Listened to that for the first time when I was about 12 and don't think anything has been able to surpass it, and maybe only one album has been able to match it.

Regret Instruction Manual Issue Two: Letting Go Versus Holding On by Stunt Rock. Think I first listened to it when I was about 14. Not quite sure. First time I really listened to sample based music, and this is definitely the epitome of it. The movie samples he is able to put together is more meaningful than most lyrics I hear in songs. And the music samples are pretty creative too.

^http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB2acjMeayY
Last edited by Joshua1207 at May 2, 2013,
Skeletal Lamping by Of Montreal

Such an odyssey.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by tiky

ok

Kezia - Protest the Hero
It's my favorite album. Opened up a whole different kind of music to me. Pretty much the reason I like some of my other favorite bands like BTBAM, Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Every Time I Die, Human Abstract, and the Fall of Troy. It really pushed me to get better at guitar and to like songs not in the standard verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus structure. I just remember the way the instruments playing off of each other stunning me the first time I listened, and reading along with the lyrics was fantastic.

Is This It - The Strokes
I just love this album. I don't remember the first time I listened to it. I know it's kind of a cliche top album, but it really is that good. Unlike the Protest album, it didn't really inspire me to do anything or listen to new music. It's just really really good. Each song tells a story and I could really hear them over and over and over again.

Fück Your Emotional Bullshit - Snowing
Like Kezia, it really opened me up to a whole different kind of music. Emo/Screamo and all that to be precise. It's short. Only 12 minutes actually, but every song is perfect. It's just a fantastic little album.

American Idiot - Green Day
This one is a bit different. It's not really one of my "best albums" but it's one of my favorites. I just remember hearing it for the first time when I was 12 (maybe 11???) and being blown away. Just opened the door to a whole other world of music. Before that it was basically just classic rock. Also made me want to pick up the guitar at the time and I still play. I guess it probably wouldn't have that same effect on me anymore, but going back not knowing what I know now and listening would be awesome!
Last edited by WCPhils at May 2, 2013,
Quote by Spaztikko

Or it would be if Rudess hadn't put in that shitty horn synth solo in beyond this life.
Finally Free was the tits though.

That was actually Portnoy's fault. Portnoy wanted a Zappa-esque section and made Jordan do it.

For me, it would be Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory or Awake.
Last edited by NothingRocks at May 2, 2013,
The Strokes - Is This It?

Radiohead - Kid A

Led Zeppelin - III, or I, or maybe Physical Graffiti

Pink Floyd - Animals

Hendrix - Axis:Bold As Love

The Doors - Morrison Hotel or Self Titled

Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street

Any Miles Davis 70's acid trip type stuff

Sam Cooke - Any.

EDIT: had to add DT Scenes from a Memory. that shit blew my mind when I was a little shit.
Quote by NothingRocks
That was actually Portnoy's fault. Portnoy wanted a Zappa-esque section and made Jordan do it.

For me, it would be Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory or Awake.

**** portnoy it made NO SENSE omg it ruined the album for me and now I'm mad.
Rise Against - The Suffer & The Witness
The Joshua Garcias - Self titled. That was magical.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia

The Joshua Garcias - Self titled. That was magical.

Indubitably.
ayy lmao
Quote by tiky

Skeletal Lamping was the album that really got me into Of Montreal. I had heard, and liked Sunlandic Twins, but I hadn't really been turned onto them yet.

It was the first I'd heard a "newer" band use that more polished funk/pop sound in such an aggressive fashion. Combined with elements of experimental rock (the end of the first track is just so insanely ambitious). It was also a great example of a "newer" band creating such album-centric rock, something that had the expansive rock opera pacing of The Wall with the glam attitude of a David Bowie/Prince love-child.

And some of the lyrics are just so blunt they hit you like a kick to the face (example):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86u1zJzFHfQ

or
He's the kind of guy
who would leave you in a k hole
to go play Halo in the other room

Kevin Barnes is a genius.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Appetite for Destruction by GNR.
It's basically my favorite album ever, and I love every song on there. It was magical the first time I heard it. Would love to feel that magic again.
Waking The Fallen by A7X
Opened up the world of nontraditional vocals to me and the heaver side of metal. Another album which is just full of great music.
Stadium Arcadium by RHCP
Nostalgia. Nostalgia as ****. The first time I cracked into it I was lost in it for months. Months very well spent. I'd like that again.
Highway To Hell by AC/DC
Just a really good album full of really good songs. It was magic the first time, it'd be magic again.
All Killer, No Filler by Sum 41
To hear Pain For Pleasure for the first time again, after all the punkpop. That would be priceless.
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Btbam- Colors
Just a fantastic album

Moving Mountains- Pneuma
Now this album means a lot to me. It was the first thing I listened to after I found out about four of my friends being killed by a drunk driver. I also have played acoustic versions of some the songs at my grandparents funeral.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Anything by Nujabes, or Dilla, also the album "Madvillainy" I couldn't fully appreciate it the first time I heard it but I feel if I heard it for the first time as my present self I could.

As for non hip-hop I'd have to say "kind of blue" by Miles Davis or "Underground" by Thelonious Monk

Anything by The Beatles and the first 5 Zeppelin albums.

Also, not an album but if I could re-live my first phish/umprhey's show id shit my pants

This is imo a very novel idea for a thread TS, good job!
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Last edited by luvs2gro at May 2, 2013,
I definitely got to add a +1 for Dream Theater's Scenes from a memory.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by luvs2gro
This is imo a very novel idea for a thread TS, good job!

It will be fun if people start to listen albums that hadn't heard before and put their own little reviews and impressions about them!
I wish I could listen to Bivouac for the first time again, but with the appreciation I have for it now.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Albums, eh? Let's see.

Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
I never had a proper listening experience for this album until well after I had heard all of the songs. I had it when I was still in the phase of shuffling tracks from artists rather than listening to full albums. It's my favorite album from them and I really regret not having my first experience with all the songs be a front to back listening.

The Glitch Mob - Drink the Sea
This album is an auditory journey of sorts. It's just full of incredible soundscapes while simultaneously dripping with attitude.

Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre Monde
I used to really like this album. It took me places. Now I find it boring to listen to. I wish I could get that feeling back.

The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
I don't think I've ever liked an album so much right off the bat as I did this one. Songs can often cause an emotional reaction from me, but not many can make me physically smile the way I did when Brian started singing in Great Expectations. The album was like a beacon of hope for me during some tough times. It was something for me to hold on to, telling me that things might get you down but everything will be okay.

Shad - When This Is Over
When I heard this album, my interest in hip hop had been decreasing for a long time. But this guy comes out of nowhere and literally rocks my world. He's clever, a good rhymer, and his music covers a wide variety of topics. It's hip hop that makes you think. And the last track absolutely floored me when I heard it for the first time. I had to sit and absorb it for a good while after my first listen.
Vehemence - God Was Created

I heard this album almost 2 years back. At the time I was getting tired of listening to the same old same sold, so I decided to look for new music. Well, I finally found this album and listened to the track "The Last Fantasy Of Christ" first, and immediately I was blown away. The beautiful intro that blasts into the technical verse riff and goes through the motions of the song like you would expect until the bridge where the intro motif is fleshed out and the emotional ending all made me go, "wow". I listened to the rest of the album and I was amazing at how well the band fused beautiful melodies and harmonies with such an aggressive aesthetic.

What it meant to me then was a new, insanely amazing Death Metal album. I still feel as amazed at the album and the brilliant riffs, melodies, and solos it contains as I did on the first day.

Quote by chookiecookie
*song

great band.

Can I get banned for posting that?

I'm pretty sure you can't be banned for that. I would also recommend avoiding the first album, The Thoughts From Which I Hide, because it's pretty bleh. Reconditioning The Flock is the best song on it.
Last edited by Morphogenesis26 at May 2, 2013,
Either Young Mountain by This Will Destroy You or Horizons by Parkway Drive
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by jetfuel495

Shad - When This Is Over

This is great thanks for sharing!

Made me think of another:

"Moment of Truth" By Gang Starr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4riCUJ3l6Lk

Don't let the groups name fool you, its one of the realest/deepest hip hop albums I have ever heard. In fact I vividly remember the first time I heard it. I was at my friends house he was like 20 and me and my other friend were around 16/17. Him and his wife put on the title track and I don't want to sound cliche but that song totally changed my life. I remember hearing the line:

"Actions have reactions don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people dont speak of"

and thinking damn...why is no one else bringing this vibe? now a days hip hop is about pussy, money, weed, but these guys were bringing realness.

that very same day I heard Quasimoto for the first time and my head almost exploded when I saw this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5edxArGT8

On another note do any of you remember hearing Electric Wizard for the first time? Some one here on UG showed them to me, and before that I was never really into metal because it was too fast and aggressive. I heard EW and it totally opened me up to a whole new genre. Really chill to wind down to, and it is the perfect atmosphere for me to enjoy
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Last edited by luvs2gro at May 2, 2013,
there would be a lot of albums i would like to listen to the first time again, but if i had to pick one it would have to be

Kid A - Radiohead

that album was one of the most influential albums for me personally, opened me up to all kinds of music and now i love all kinds of genres rather than just 'rock'. although it wasn't as out there or experimental as people thought (i think thom yorke said something along the lines of 'if you listened to what we've listened to, you realize this isnt that out there'), for a major rock band to take that kind of direction following one of the biggest albums of all time, was remarkable. and boy did they pull it off, creating imo a masterpiece and one of my favorite albums ever.
i enjoy how i listened to what iv listened to. i wouldnt change or go back and redo. i loved the first time i heard btbams colours, it was the live video and i was stoned as **** my 3rd time ever smoking. it blew my mind and i came everywhere but it wasnt even embarrassing. the first time i heard abbey road was great too. was going out of town after xmas and i got to listen to it in peace. same goes with all my music iv heard. but you can always lsiten to my music for the first time???????????
Page 1 of 4