Page 1 of 2
Are there any shooting/rpg games out there that include variable injuries on opponents? Eg. you shoot someone in the arm, so that arm is now rendered useless... or a shot to the chest will take them down instantly.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It forces you to get a much better K/D ratio though. Well, or not.

It's really hard to go negative K/D
Arma
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Operation Flashpoint. Kinda. You get shot in the legs and you can't run very well until you patch yourself up. Get shot in the head once and you're dead.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

ARMA might have that but that shit is waaay to realistic for fun imo

I think all the metal gear solid games past 2 have that too, but their not strictly shooter games
Arma

Fall Out series too
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Red Orchestra series
ARMA Series
Quote by bluestratplayer
I want blackstar. Here's a mustang buy it. Ok.

I imagine the dialog went something like this.
Quote by Trowzaa
Operation Flashpoint. Kinda. You get shot in the legs and you can't run very well until you patch yourself up. Get shot in the head once and you're dead.

OP Flashpoint is good, really good. ARMA is made by the same people, basically the same game. They're all really good and it seems like exactly what you're looking for, OP.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Not really but Soldier of Fortune was the first shooter to have a lot of damage "zones" with corresponding damage ratings, meaning that if your bullet hit someone in the hand you would actually see that hand taking damage, as opposed to having your target drop to the floor instantly with a large bullet hole in his chest a la Doom. This was actually viewed as pretty revolutionary back then (I remember the first Medal of Honor for instance -> shooting somebody in the back still made 'em drop on their backs in stead of on their bellies)

Most shooters aren't much different nowadays: in Call of Duty hitting someone from the hip and upwards with a sniper rifle will grant you an instant kill, hitting a limb will not. But that's about as "realistic" as it will get: shooting someone in the foot anywhere between 2-6 times with any weapon (even if every bullet hits the exact same spot) will always kill your enemy. No people bleeding to death slowly, realistically impaired movement, unability to wield a weapon, etc. And I'm not sure people are looking for that either: they're just videogames after all, not simulations

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at May 2, 2013,
Video games wouldn't be very fun if they were trying to be that realistic
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by naedauuf
OP Flashpoint is good, really good. ARMA is made by the same people, basically the same game. They're all really good and it seems like exactly what you're looking for, OP.

I didn't realise they were made by the same company. The one thing that annoys me about Flashpoint is the squads. I don't want to lead a squad, I want to do whatever I'm told to do, micromanaging a squad's too much.

But basically, on PC, you want Arma, if you're on consoles then go for Flashpoint.

If you mean literally, then no I don't think a game has done that yet and I can't really see them doing it either.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Weaponized
ARMA might have that but that shit is waaay to realistic for fun imo

This is precisely my problem with those kind of borderline simulator games. They're realistic and I guess well made, but so incredibly boring to play. I remember trying one of the newer Operation Flashpoint games, the first objective I got was essentially "run 3 klicks south". Which I proceeded to do, before getting shot in the head and dying.
REGGIE
Arma and America's Army.

America's Army got shitty with the 3rd edition though.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
If I recall properly old Rainbow Six games had the leg damage affecting your walking/running speed, like people have already mentioned for Operation Flashpoint and recent Fallouts. But I am talking ooold Rainbow Six here, you probably won't want to play it as it's 10+ years old.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Red Dead Redemption has that, you can even disarm people by aiming at their gun/hand, but overall its not a very realistic game.
Operation Flashpoint is good, but the friendly AI is pretty awful. I dunno if they fixed it in Red River, but in Dragon Rising it was infuriating.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by LeakyFlask
This is precisely my problem with those kind of borderline simulator games. They're realistic and I guess well made, but so incredibly boring to play. I remember trying one of the newer Operation Flashpoint games, the first objective I got was essentially "run 3 klicks south". Which I proceeded to do, before getting shot in the head and dying.

Yep, sounds about right.

I did something similar in Dragon Rising when you're supposed to plant the C4 on the AA missile truck thing, ran however far it was, like 10 minutes of flanking only to plant the C4 and get shot in the back of the head by an enemy I didn't see.

Quote by Trowzaa
Yep, sounds about right.

I did something similar in Dragon Rising when you're supposed to plant the C4 on the AA missile truck thing, ran however far it was, like 10 minutes of flanking only to plant the C4 and get shot in the back of the head by an enemy I didn't see.

I played the ARMA 2 demo and got sniped from about 3000 meter by a guy with a f*cking rocket launcher on an air strip. Sometimes those games are such bullshit.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I think they'd be funner, but that's just me...
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
THANK YOU.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Original Deus Ex:

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Mega Dragon Copulate - Fight Androids Love Gun: Let's Go Raging! has pretty good limb detection.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Some games wouldn't be fun if they were realistic sure, but I personally love realistic games and don't find them boring if they're done well (bad/boring games are just bad and boring whether they're realistic or not).
I've always loved Red Orchestra!
ArmA II with the ACE mod.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Arma

Fall Out series too

I wouldn't consider Fallout realistic.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I think sim racers are pretty fun. The UFC games are a hoot too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I know any of the Tom Clancy FPS games have it. Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. If you get hit in a certain part of your body, or get hit enough times, you end up limping along for the rest of the mission.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think sim racers are pretty fun. The UFC games are a hoot too.

Gran Turismo was always a fun game to play. Flight simulators are cool too. Ace Combat 5 and 6

....even if 5 had a WAAAAAY superior storyline....
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Last edited by DoAndroidsDream at May 2, 2013,
Quote by DoAndroidsDream
I know any of the Tom Clancy FPS games have it. Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. If you get hit in a certain part of your body, or get hit enough times, you end up limping along for the rest of the mission.

Gran Turismo was always a fun game to play. Flight simulators are cool too. Ace Combat 5 and 6

....even if 5 had a WAAAAAY superior storyline....

I still play AC6 from time to time actually. Sweet series.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
6 is a fun game. I much prefer the gameplay and physics, but 5's storyline always hits me right where it hurts. You can actually kinda connect with the characters in 5, so when certain things happen (not gonna spoil it for those who haven't played) it tends to brings ya to an emotional crossroads
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
I was involved with WWII Online (Now, Battlefield Europe or something like that) for about a year. It was highly realistic... If you were hit squarely by a high-powered service rifle you were pretty much dead, and if you had a peripheral hit you had a certain amount of time to re-spawn before you bled out.
I also spent a lot of time with the Battlefield mod, "Forgotten Hope". This was a realism mod for that series of games with realistic vehicles and uniforms, weapon effects, and so forth. We did keep the Battlefield "medic" capability... But mostly you were just dead if you got hit. Nobody wanted to play medic....
Red Orchestra was quite good... But I haven't kept up.
Page 1 of 2