Hello..I just started to try and make some guitars with a little bit of Alaska Native art on them.. The explorer has an African Mahogany body and neck, Bubinga top with a cocobolo fret board with some walrus ivory inlays.. The other on is Honduran Mahogany neck and body with baleen from a Bowhead whale inlays and a maple burl top..i put some ivory on the head peice also..The explorer has emg 80 and 81 for the pickups and i have a Zakk Wylde set for the other one.. any thoughts?
Attachments:
iphone Pics 099.JPG
001.JPG
IMG_0795 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
I don't think you have enough bits of dead animals on there, maybe put a rhino horn nut on it too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Assuming you're actually in Alaska, you might want to contact the USFWS about what you're doing before you try to sell anything.

http://alaska.fws.gov/fisheries/mmm/mtrp/pdf/factsheets/walrus_ivory_do_dont.pdf

My reading of the law says you're probably OK, but that's not my specialty. Better safe than sorry. If it's OK, you might want to have a copy of the law on your computer to print out for customers.

Other than that, your workmanship looks pretty cool, so far!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 2, 2013,
How the hell did you get that kind of ivory? That shit is probably illegal as hell just to own in some countries.

And that makes the guitars even cooler.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 2, 2013,
I'm Alaskan native.. I can sell this stuff as long as its significantly altered..
Quote by steven seagull
I don't think you have enough bits of dead animals on there, maybe put a rhino horn nut on it too.

It blows my mind that this is legal, but then again, I don't really know much about the legality of using animal parts :P
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

That les paul type is super nice. I'm not a fan of the inlays but damn, that's a fine looking guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Amazing looking guitars!. The burl maple has a really cool pattern to it. I would buy those two guitars in a second. Do you want to start a custom company or is it just for fun?.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
Is that LED side inlays I see on the Explorer?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Stupid question probably, but intheice, if you were to sell those what prices would they have on them? :
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Quote by steven seagull

Pretty much what I was thinking. Different strokes for different folks.
OffsetOffset
Where are you from?
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless