I am trying to decide which would be the most mind blowing metal sounding pickup to mate with a bmp-1 from SD.

i have on hand currently
Dimarzio EVO
Dimarzio Super Distortion
Dimarzio Blaze
Dimarzio X2n and air norton
Bill USA x500 xl set for N and B
emg HZ set

plus some stock pups of various makes

which would be the best ??
What amp are you running?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
What guitar? What amp?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
well as for amp, i use a combo of a solid state 100watt half stack with an aby and a 50watt tube combo. so i have both tube and solid state

as for guitar. i have around 7 different electrics each one is different from the next
i have several neck thru
and several bolt on
all different brands
lets see
Ibanez double cutaway (neck thru)
gibson LP (neck thru)
LTD m-400 (neck thru)
jackson dnky (bolt on)
schecter damien 006 (bolt on)
Washburn Dime slime (neck thru)
BC Rich Warlock (blolt on)
ive also got 3 7-strings
BC Rich (custom project bolt on)
Ibanez (Custom project bolt on)
Davidson (bolt on)
I don't care if it's tube or solid state. What are the amps specifically?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
And what guitar?

I don't care that you have seven, which one are we actually talking about?
Quote by Eppicurt
I don't care if it's tube or solid state. What are the amps specifically?

Randall RG100 Classic and Crate Vintage Club 50...i also use an RP500 or a Dime Distortion with Digitech Weapon and various gates and noise suppressors wahs and whammy and so on and so on....i like to change around my setup a lot. sometimes with no pedals, sometimes with.
Quote by Roc8995
And what guitar?

I don't care that you have seven, which one are we actually talking about?

i am talking about any of the ones i listed. i think there is enough info to say what kind of guitars i have to work with. is it really necessary for me to look up the model of each guitar i listed?

these are the seven guitars i have to work with. i can use any of them

maybe it would help to also add i am able to swap pickups and wire my own gear so that is what i mean about any guitar. you tell me which would be a good fit. ill put it together and try it.
Last edited by ReldvS at May 2, 2013,
i also asked this question on Sevenstring and i have been told the Bill USA (x500xl) or Dimarzio EVO... how do you guys feel about that.

i was not asked about my amps and guitars there though. i was told that if i use those with bmp-1 i could get a sound close to SD EMTY (which is what i want) or close to SD AHB-2. or finally SD AHB-1 in order of preference of sound i am going after