Page 1 of 3
Hey,

I have pretty eclectic taste in music and the music I write is kind of out there. I would like to meet a woman I can listen to bands like The Fall of Troy with and not have her think I am psychotic. Any tips?
Come to Charlotte. All the hipster and scene chicks would hop on your dick like a train.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by STONESHAKER
Hey,

I have pretty eclectic taste in music and the music I write is kind of out there. I would like to meet a woman I can listen to bands like The Fall of Troy with and not have her think I am psychotic. Any tips?
> Eclectic
> Metalcore
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Where are all the spambots when you need 'em
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
ts u a busta, straight busta
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Women with a mind?
Good luck man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
What are you talking about I know plenty of women who listen to "all kinds of music"
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
All you need to do is find someone who will sit and smile at you stupidly while you play whatever shitty music you listen to. So, pretty much anyone who is polite.
Quote by MakinLattes
All you need to do is find someone who will sit and smile at you stupidly while you play whatever shitty music you listen to. So, pretty much anyone who is polite.

sounds like a beagle.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
sounds like a beagle.

Yeah, but you can't have sex with a...

Well, there you go, TS. You need a beagle.
Here's the thing you'll realize soon enough, I hope. Your music taste and any potential girlfriend's music taste do NOT have to be the same. My fiance likes pop music that makes me cringe sometimes (like One Direction) and lots of mellow acoustic stuff (which can be kind of cool at times). I like Metal, Prog Rock, Avant Garde, etc. Where we both meet is that we can enjoy jazz in a casual setting. Point is, she doesn't have to like or enjoy whatever music you like and enjoy.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Here's the thing you'll realize soon enough, I hope. Your music taste and any potential girlfriend's music taste do NOT have to be the same. My fiance likes pop music that makes me cringe sometimes (like One Direction) and lots of mellow acoustic stuff (which can be kind of cool at times). I like Metal, Prog Rock, Avant Garde, etc. Where we both meet is that we can enjoy jazz in a casual setting. Point is, she doesn't have to like or enjoy whatever music you like and enjoy.

but music is his life bro
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by STONESHAKER
Hey,

at the music bar, in the Fall of Troy VIP room.
Quote by desperatechris
Go to Church the Girls There are nun like the others.
Why are you Capitalizing Randomly like This?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Wolfinator-x
> Eclectic
> Metalcore

LOL

i bet he likes protest the hero too
i don't know why i feel so dry
You don't find 'em, you breed 'em for yourself.
Catch 'em while their young and impressionable.
Now I know havin' it done for you is easier what with the internet and all, but honestly, you just can't beat home-grown.
That's how I got with a girl who loves the Mentors.
I'd tell you, if I cared.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by Wolfinator-x
> Eclectic
> Metalcore

>listens to glam rock/hair metal
Last edited by WCPhils at May 2, 2013,
Quote by desperatechris
Because my ipads autocorrect is drunk?

oh thats why?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by desperatechris
Because my ipads autocorrect is drunk

That's no excuse for your failure as a human being?
I like shit like Jeff Beck, Mars Volta, Black Sabbath, Radiohead, Every Time I die, built to spill, cursive, modest mouse, name drop, name drop, name drop, guthrie govan, chon, name drop....

That's not the ****ing point. And to whoever said music is my life, yeah, it is.
Quote by Eastwinn
LOL

i bet he likes protest the hero too

better than being a pedophile, lolololol
If you want a serious answer: at a show of the band you like. She may end up looking like a cave troll, but if she's covered in beer in the mosh pit singing along to your favorite songs, then she probably won't think you're any more of a freak than she is when you listen to whatever you like to listen to together.
Quote by STONESHAKER
I like shit like Jeff Beck, Mars Volta, Black Sabbath, Radiohead, Every Time I die, built to spill, cursive, modest mouse, name drop, name drop, name drop, guthrie govan, chon, name drop....

That's not the ****ing point. And to whoever said music is my life, yeah, it is.

This is great, but read my post again. For your convenience, here's the link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31402432&postcount=16.

Quote by anvil is god
Judging girls on their music taste and using it as a factor in making a relationship is vapid. Stop it.

I didn't actually want to say this, because I figured if TS didn't know this already (as it appears he doesn't) that he wasn't going to magically get it if we told him.

Anyway, you're 100% correct.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 2, 2013,
Quote by anvil is god
Judging girls on their music taste and using it as a factor in making a relationship is vapid. Stop it.

I do it to an extent. Like, not a deal breaker, but it's a big part of how I connect so it helps if there's some common ground, musically.
Quote by STONESHAKER

Trust me, it isn't.

No really, it's not.

Not even a little bit.

Really liking music =/= Music is your life
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 2, 2013,
Quote by blake1221
I do it to an extent. Like, not a deal breaker, but it's a big part of how I connect so it helps if there's some common ground, musically.

Yes, but you can't really build a relationship on that. It's a cool common ground type thing, but it shouldn't make or break the deal, as you said.

On the other hand, if she absolutely hates the music you play in your band (and is bitchy vocal about it), then it's probably not going to work out either.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 2, 2013,
Page 1 of 3