Whenever I go on stage to play and I hold my guitar, I get this weird feeling like I'm some sort of higher being than the rest of the people around me. Like a sense of arrogance fills my mind. I'm not saying that I'm awesome at guitar (i suck IRL), but whenever I play I feel it. Have you experienced this before?
Have I ever experience an arrogant feeling that I am better than everyone else because I'm holding a guitar?

Really? That is honestly what you're asking?
please read... Like I said I'm not saying that im awesome at guitar. I didnt mean it that way
I guess.. something like that anyways. But first it's quite the opposite, but once the nervosity goes away then sure.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
well in that instant you kind of are. everyone else is just sitting and staring at your awful noodling like they have no life.

i'm using an archetypal "you" in "your awful noodling" btw
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Just know that you are a lesser person than me. I don't give a rats ass about your shitteh geetar skills, or lack thereof.
Quote by Friedmanfanguy
Have you experienced this before?

Nope. I don't feel like an arrogant prick onstage.
I've never felt it, but I know someone who has! Yngwie Malmsteen.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
I know what you're trying to say, and I have felt it. It's the feeling of knowing that these people, whether it's 10 or 10,000, are all spending their time to watch you aimlessly pluck on some strings. It makes you feel somewhat important.

I used to get this same feeling when I did theatre in high school. Except I was kinda the shit at that. And very popular in my school.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

I assure you sir, I am not an arrogant prick in any way. What I mean is when you're not nervous to go on stage and play in front of people anymore because you're so used to it and you feel something like arrogance or should I say being better than them for an instant and also feeling bad about it (you may have noticed the sad emoticon on the title of this thread, which implies that i am sad about feeling this way.) . I'm not being an "arrogant prick" here and I'm not saying that I am a great and godly guitarist. just asking a question to my fellow musicians
What's wrong with feeling good about yourself because people want to look at you and hear you? Seems like a natural thing to me. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by The Buttmonkey
I've never felt it, but I know someone who has! Yngwie Malmsteen.

I think he actually feels that way every second of every day of his life, he probably goes to the bathroom to take a crap and thinks about how his shit could play guitar better than Jimmy Page.
Thread title sounds like the beginning to an 80s hair metal ballad.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Nope. The only feeling I've ever felt on stage is hot from the stage lights and that little voice in the back of my head saying "don't trip over something, don't screw up!" that's about it.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
well there IS something awe-inspiring about having hundreds of people start clapping madly when you finish playing a guitar solo you wrote.

I'm assuming that's why people who get famous younger than like.... 20 or 21 get so damn insane
No one appreciates the bassist....

Even when I played guitar, I always reminded myself that I was there for two reasons:

1. My love of music.

2. To entertain the fans who were kind and loyal enough to take time out of their hectic lives to come see us play.

I consider playing live music a service as well as entertainment, so I've never really felt above them.

But, like I said, no one appreciates the bassist
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
d'awww
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by Xiaoxi

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I've felt like a 15 year old once...

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 2, 2013,
*6'2*
*big penis*
*smod*

I don't need a guitar for those feels.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Xiaoxi

Have you ever felt this feeling?
Ohh yeahh!
Do you feel the way I do, girl?

Someone finish this.
Quote by tukk04
I think he actually feels that way every second of every day of his life, he probably goes to the bathroom to take a crap and thinks about how his shit could play guitar better than Jimmy Page.

I wonder if he thinks his gums/teeth can also play guitar better than Page.

I'd bet, when eating, Malmsteen has a running dialogue that goes something like this: "Yeah, man. MY gums do legato runs at 200bpm. My teeth do tapping at 200bpm. My body could literally be its own guitar! Yeah."
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I wonder if he thinks his gums/teeth can also play guitar better than Page.

I'd bet, when eating, Malmsteen has a running dialogue that goes something like this: "Yeah, man. MY gums do legato runs at 200bpm. My teeth do tapping at 200bpm. My body could literally be its own guitar! Yeah."

Not sure if playing along or being incredibly sarcastic?

and wtf Crazysam, change your avatar back to your smiling face, I saw some posts earlier and didn't realize it was you at first.
definitely had that feeling before
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Only when I'm sweep-tapping.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.