Im "floating" like Gilbert again and its like heavy palm muting low e - g and no muting b and e. And Im like that sucks but its cool I guess. I used to think its hard to pick b and e fast but now I can? So I noticed my thumb is rubbing the strings only while picking those 2. So I do that on all the stings ( except low e of course ) and its easier to balance picking fast and it changes the angle your hand is at. So with that hand angle I get lite muting on low e and a and no muting d - e and I like that alot more. And more speed to. Of course you have to be careful to not rub the strings too hard. And it gives you enough balance you can even play good without the palm on the strings too. Thats especially nice on acoustic.
I was in purgatory for 30 days but now Ive seen the light and changed my ways. If your bad they send you to a really boring forum for 30 days.
Cool story bro. Now, wtf is this shit?
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
What is this I don't even
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
He's asking if it is okay if the side of his thumb touches the lower strings when picking higher strings.
As he's picking the higher strings, the side of his thumb is being dragged over the lower strings.
^ That's the way I understand it anyway..

It's fine if it's touching lightly if you use it to mute (if that's the case then this is great technique actually).
If it creates noise through the amp from you dragging your thumb across the other strings it's obviously not good, and you might want to look into your picking technique.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Yeah it all boils down to whether or not it's happening because you want it to, or it's something you can't help.

Efectively it's just a form of fingertip muting, which is in itself an incredibly useful technique to have at your disposable - so as long as it's happening on your terms it's not going to be a problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Junior#1
Cool story bro. Now, wtf is this shit?

I type too much when I drink coffee. I just think its cool if you always lightly rub the string above the one your picking. It gives you a little more speed, your not muting the strings as much with your palm, and you can even pick fast with your whole hand off the guitar because you can get all the balance you need from only the thumb. Except the low e.

Ive always had the pick slanted up at the strings so your thumb never touches the strings at all. So I have never rubbed the string with my thumb untill tuesday night. Some people complain about that like its a problem but I think its really cool.
I was in purgatory for 30 days but now Ive seen the light and changed my ways. If your bad they send you to a really boring forum for 30 days.