Is it possible? If so, would it sound good? Would I just hook up the 2:90 to the power amp in section of the Spidervalve?
I'm asking because I can get a 2:90 for dirt cheap from a friend. I eventually want to use it to power an axe fx.
You cant hook a power amp into an FXloop like that, you will screw one or both pieces of equipment.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Isn't the power amp in the SV considered the part that makes it worthwhile in the first place?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Isn't the power amp in the SV considered the part that makes it worthwhile in the first place?

Yeah the power amp is actually really nice.

The only way to do what TS is asking safely is to go: SV FX send>Mesa power amp>cab.

But remember you will need a cab for the sv to also be connected to or you can blow the OT. Unless you can safely run the sv in stand by mode for only the Preamp DI.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by guitarmageddon0
Would it sound better if I ran the 2:90 into a pod hd pro?

You mean the POD HD into the power amp

and yes it would sound better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Since the SV power amp seems to be nice (Just based on the knowledgeable people in this thread), I think you're going about this backwards. Get a better preamp/multifx to plug into the FX return of your spidervalve. I don't see why you couldn't just use the Axe-FX with your SV like that.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Why not just use the spider valve?

Im not sure I get what you're trying to do here other than blow up some equipment if I read what you wrote right.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
I really like the versatility of the SV, but does not cut through very well live. I'm trying to find an affordable way to keep versatility of the SV while being able to cut through live.
You only have a few options, add a shit tonne of mids to your sound via onboard EQ or a pedal. Or use your HD 500 with the Mesa Poweramp. Your other options include buying new equipment.

It's not your Mesa power amp that's going to solve the mix issue, that problem comes from your preamp, which is mediocre in terms of it's clarity in a live situation.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
What you need to do is program the preamp properly. The stock patches are crap. That's why it isn't cutting through, it's not the power amp's fault at all. You're looking at the wrong end.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by guitarmageddon0
i would but the spider valve doesnt have an fx loop

Since when? The SV certainly does have an FX loop. It is right on the back panel, I know I owned one for several yrs
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The labels are sometimes confusing. "Power Amp In" actually means it's the input of the power amp on the SV, haha.

2:90 and an Axe Fx is beastly! It's a great investment if you eventually plan to go rack. I ran an Eleven rack into my 50/50 before I eventually got an Axe Fx to use it with. Excellent sounds both ways, but definitely Mesa flavored. If it's dirt cheap, get it!
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra