so, Im working on a project about psychedelic rock, most influenced by Tame Impala and Pink Floyd, Im looking for a multi-effect pedal but Im not sure which one is the right... I've been thinking around with the Digitech RP500, or the Line 6 POD HD300... I need opinions please and I also accept suggestions
Do you need amp modeling, or just effects?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Do you need amp modeling, or just effects?

well that's also another thing you could help me, would be nice amp modeling too but just effects is ok too
What's your current amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
What's your current amp?

just have a little "mega amp" very poor, but when i play with my friends we just go to rooms with others amps like fender and stuff, Im not really worry about amp at all.. so I guess in this case amp modeling will be nice in my pedal
Last edited by harrybougard at May 2, 2013,
I prefer the Line 6 HD series, but that's just me. Go try some out if you can.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I prefer the Line 6 HD series, but that's just me. Go try some out if you can.

ok thanks, I guess i'll try the line 6, i already have a little experience with the rp500 and i like it, I'll see ...just wanted to make sure those could give me multiple effects to create and make a psychedelic sound
The Zoom G5 is pretty good for layering up effects as well as amp modelling. You can use it like a pedal-board so you can turn each effect on and off like a stomp box. There's so many weird and trippy effects on there, I can imagine it being great for any phycadelic stuff, especially the warp phaser

EDIT: I have no experience with the Line 6 Stuff
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
Last edited by Minimallamb at May 2, 2013,
Ehx has a pedal that has distortion chorus and delay. Im sure you could get some cool sounds with it.
my friend bought the zoom g5 and told me it was pretty awesome, gonna try it ...what you think about the Moog's Moogerfooger? does it have many effects and works as a multi effect? or just analog pedal?
I can't comment on the other units, but I'm very happy with my RP1000. I'd recommend that over the RP500 because it allows you to do the 4 cable method. This allows you to switch between the simulated preamps and the real amps preamp. You can also place the "loop" effects in the effects loop while the distortion/compressor/wah stays out front. The HD500 and Boss GT8/10/100 also allow you to do this, so check those out to. Not sure about the HD400.

I like the RP's because the interface is very easy to use. I had an older RP100 that did suck some tone, but my RP1000 is very transparent.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
well, Im very decided now with the Zoom G5... but what about Line 6 POD XT? between those, which is better?