Anyone have any experience with this? I have signed up to do an intensive 4-week CELTA course (the most widely recognised. And the most expensive) in Leeds in July with the hope of moving to Rome to teach English afterwards.

Problem is... I have no idea how to go about getting a job.

Does anyone have any advice?

Mille grazie amici.

EDIT:

Just to reiterate: The course to teach English is in Leeds. This is an extensive course to give me the necessary skills to teach English as a foreign language. The students in Leeds won't have English as their native tongue.

I then get the CELTA qualification to bugger off to Rome to teach English to Italian folk.
Last edited by fender_696 at May 2, 2013,
lol leeds. bring a knife. or a smashed bottle.

you're gonna be an english teacher for foreigners right?

or am I in dire need of english study in order to udnerstand your post correctly?

Good to see you btw mate.

you come and go.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
What's with all the Leeds hate?

Lovely part of the world.

But yes... it's a means to an end. I much prefer Rome.
You gonna be teaching the native Leedsmen how to speak English? They need it.

I'm from York, I'm allowed to hate Leeds.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I always wondered why any given native English speaker thinks they're able to adequately teach English.
Can you not teach the Eyetalians how to speak English?

From my experience they can't speak a squirt of English.

Plus, I hear in Spain English academies are doing well because so many people wanna learn it to leave the country.

Gold waiting to be picked up mate?
On topic though, my brother wants to teach English in Germany or China.

Just to reiterate: The course to teach English is in Leeds. This is an extensive course to give me the necessary skills to teach English as a foreign language. The students in Leeds won't have English as their native tongue.

I then get the CELTA qualification to bugger off to Rome to teach English to Italian folk.
Quote by Avedas
I always wondered why any given native English speaker thinks they're able to adequately teach English.

This.

Especially monoglots/monolinguals...
You speak Italian, right?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Native Englishman have worse English than foreigners, they're taught the proper way from the start, we end up with a load of dialectual (it's a word now) language.

Dialects are also proper ways of speaking, and only a small minority of ESL learners would even develop a native-like accent. We tend to avoid spelling mistakes based on homonyms (they're/their/there, you're/your, then/than, [could] have/of etc.) since we focus more on the written language.

Personally, my accent is beyond terrible (though I've heard worse from fellow students and even lecturers)... and I have no idea how to improve it...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at May 2, 2013,