So in light of Streetlight Manifesto's new album, they've announced they will be doing very little touring from now on.

They are one of my favourite bands and would love to see them live and it turns out they will be passing through Manchester which is kinda near to me.

The problem is, I don't know anyone else that would even listen to them. I don't have that friend who is a legend and will come because I couldn't alone. Going alone is not an option. I'm 17 and the parents would never let me go anywhere out of town alone -_-

I had this problem a while back when Less Than Jake were playing very local to me. Couldn't find anyone who was willing to even listen to the band because of the trumpets and horns.

Sucks.

So pit, laugh at me while its easy to. Or actually share some stories of your own. Both are good.
so, you can't go alone for your parents, you won't go alone as it's not an option and you have no friends to go with.

you're obviously not going?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
so, you can't go alone for your parents, you won't go alone as it's not an option and you have no friends to go with.

you're obviously not going?

Looks that way, maybe someone has some ideas though.
Sheltered much.

When is the date? If it's a bit away try and get a mate into them. If not, you're not going.
Aren't you the guy from that other thread who would rather stay at home than go outside
I was going to go see Hop Along tonight, but I'm in bed watching Twin Peaks instead because I fell asleep.

Quote by Nero Galon
Looks that way, maybe someone has some ideas though.

what would that idea be?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Better kill your parents.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

To answer the above.

23rd May

If I knew I wouldn't be asking you guys

@Trowzaa, LMAO.

@Avedas, I would stay at home if it was between a party and Bon Jovi yes.
Last edited by Nero Galon at May 2, 2013,
Jesus Christ, live a little... I flew all the way from portugal to london just to see streetlight live back in 2011 (i think) and it was worth every penny and hassle. 17 is more than enough to go to a concert alone, do you have enough money of your own? Maybe you can ask your parents to take you, else just slip out and leave a note saying you went anyways just so they don't worry. Sure, you'll be grounded and so on and so on but it'll probably be worth it and you'll have at least one story to tell when you're older

edit: wait, you're in wales?
Last edited by kalnoky7 at May 2, 2013,
Went to Coachella alone, it was the best experience of my life.

GO. Alone if you have to. Never snuck out of the house before? Now seems like a perfect time
I'm going to see Meshuggah and Periphery on my own tomorrow because my mates couldn't get tickets ): Should still be good though
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
I'm 18 from just South of Manchester. I go to gigs there by myself occasionally and have even been to gigs in Leeds, London and Liverpool by myself... Without the parents finding out. They'd kill me if they found out I went to London. My dad's mate was murdered there back in the 70's and they've had a vendetta against the South since. It's not too hard to get away with.
Silverburst
Quote by Insanity ninja
I'm 18 from just South of Manchester. I go to gigs there by myself occasionally and have even been to gigs in Leeds, London and Liverpool by myself... Without the parents finding out. They'd kill me if they found out I went to London. My dad's mate was murdered there back in the 70's and they've had a vendetta against the South since. It's not too hard to get away with.

Going on my own to Brixton because I'm 'ard m8.
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
Quote by Minimallamb
Going on my own to Brixton because I'm 'ard m8.

You forgot the YOLO man...
Silverburst
Interesting...

Yeah i'm in Wales. About an hour or so away from the gig.

My parents wouldn't let me go to the local venue alone which is a 15 minute walk away...

I understand the rebel thing, never done anything like this before so I kinda fear i'd get lost somehow or whatever. A group of old friends went to Chester to see Skrillex (*shudders*) and got mugged

Times like these I wish I knew people.

Thanks anyways guys. I just get the feeling i'll never be free from my parents clutches. They don't like the thought of me going to Uni because i'd be moving away. Is there Overly Attached Parents yet?
I don't see many '18+' gigs in Manchester so I'm going to take a shot and say it's because your parents are overprotective. Live a little if this is whats stopping you. If getting grounded or whatever (I don't know what parents realistically can do to a 17 year old for punishment) is stopping you then you'll get over it because if it was that important, you would take the punishment.

Getting mugged is a risk obviously and I can understand wanting people there to make sure you don't. I live about 15 minutes away but I wouldn't be caught dead watching the band, otherwise I would come and mug you myself.
Again, is watching the band worth the risk?

I honestly more than anything want to know how your parents are stopping you though. Bolting the doors and keeping you hostage after 9pm? Stopping your pocket money? Grounding you? I just wonder because in this country you're 1 year away from being an adult, able to do anything you want...My parents where pretty laid back with punishment because I wasn't a bad kid etc. but what do you do with somebody at that age? Stopping your pocket money and grounding you is a bit patronizing and beating you is illegal....
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Are you saying something bad about Streetlight Manifesto. Just wondering is all, not that its bad if you hate them or whatever.

I feel like I must obey them because they're so good to me. It's around £12 for a ticket which is nothing to me, so I could pay for that and the journey. But they're ridiculously protective over me. In someways I don't look at myself as a 17 year old because of the way they treat me.

As for punishment I don't know, I don't go out anywhere, grounding me would mean nothing. They don't give me money, they pay for driving lessons but thats their idea not mine.

All I know is that if I tell them, they will say no and if I protest they will make sure I never leave. If I go without telling them, I seriously believe one of them would personally drive to the gig to be there with me.

I don't get it, I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters and my mum didn't do anything to interfere with them growing up, they were out getting wasted at 14/15 -_- I guess me being the youngest and the last she has more time to worry about me.