I own a Agile 2000 Floyd. The locking nut is slightly misaligned so the 1st string is very close to the edge of the fretboard.
Not so bad that it's unplayable. Just enough to be somewhat annoying.
It never actually goes over the edge when I'm playing, but it's so close I always think it's going to.
The locking metal nut is screwed down from the top, not from the bottom of the neck.
But If I make new holes, they are going to be awful close to the original holes.
What should I do?
If it represents a big problem to you, I guess you could buy a new locking nut, if you can't repair the one you have.

But it could be useful if you could post pictures, I'd like to take a look at the problem.
leave it. That is the best and most logical option. Should have brought up the nut issue with Kurt the day you got the guitar cause he would have most likely sent you a new one and refunded you the shipping cost of you sending yours back. That is typically what he does.
Quote by Darkdevil725
leave it. That is the best and most logical option. Should have brought up the nut issue with Kurt the day you got the guitar cause he would have most likely sent you a new one and refunded you the shipping cost of you sending yours back. That is typically what he does.

I couldn't have done that. I bought it used from a private owner.
Quote by JackovSlayer
If it represents a big problem to you, I guess you could buy a new locking nut, if you can't repair the one you have.

But it could be useful if you could post pictures, I'd like to take a look at the problem.

A new locking nut will not solve the problem.
There is nothing wrong with the nut. it is the placement of the nut that is the problem.
photos coming soon.
Have you tried loosening the screws slightly, and forcibly holding the nut closer to the center where you want it, and retightening the screws whilst putting force on the nut. I've sorted a few misplaced screws like this though can't think if it'd work well in your scenario.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
^ This, i've done that a couple of times and it worked for the most part.

If it's really bad though you could just fill the existing holes with thin dowel or even match sticks (make sure you glue them with wood glue) then carefully redrill in the correct position, refit the nut and then the job is done!