I was practicing scale sequences and I was doing around 250 bpm whole notes and I couldn't get to 300 without mistakes but when I did a sort of tremolo picking but not as fast as I could I could play it sorta clean but it was faster than 300. Is this a normal gap that will close itself with practice or am I doing something wrong?
There's a gap because you lack control. The fact that you think it sounds clean at a high tempo means you either need to work on your ear or it's a weird happy coincidence.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There's a gap because you lack control. The fact that you think it sounds clean at a high tempo means you either need to work on your ear or it's a weird happy coincidence.

I said sorta clean for me which is sloppy i guess but I do need to work on my ear. So just keep working with the metronome until I get control at that tempo?
Quote by sw4l
I said sorta clean for me which is sloppy i guess but I do need to work on my ear. So just keep working with the metronome until I get control at that tempo?

As always.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.