stogma
152 IQ
Gutted to hear this news today

It's a shame all the bullshit with the band happened recently and with his skin disease that he wasn't able to go out banging like you'd expect from a member of Slayer.

RIP Jeff Hanneman!
B.A.T.
This amp goes to 11!
94 IQ
I don't know why this wasn't posted in the news section already...
kratos379
916 IQ
I was really upset at the news. I thought it sounded like he was getting better and that he would make a full recovery. It's a real shame.
IronTallicaDeth
266 IQ
RIP Jeff, saw you a few years back with Slayer. This is a sad ****ing day for metal, actually made my eyes water...
DystoCreativity
269 IQ
Heh... I guess it's a dire situation when it looks like a musician is actually going to recover from a life-threatening condition...

First Chi, and now Jeff, and now I'm bummed.

RIP, Jeff. At least now you won't have to put up with Kerry King.
saint_berzerker
Banned
69 IQ
Quote by B.A.T.
I don't know why this wasn't posted in the news section already...

I'm surprised you are surprised. It'll probably be on there next week.
Last edited by saint_berzerker at May 3, 2013,
aaroncaper
253 IQ
i wasn't a huge fan of slayer but god damn could he play.
rest in peace.
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
bobbyincide666
141 IQ
I NEVER get sad, upset, etc when I hear about the deaths of people I didn't know personally. This is one different. I am actually really bummed. I have listened to Slayer since I was 13...Now I'm 35. Seasons was the first Slayer album I heard. Jeff is one of the main reasons I ever picked up the guitar. RIP Jeff.. You were Slayer...You wrote all the cool shit people like! Kerry was more popular for whatever reason but we true Slayer fans know you were the band!
Ibanez JEM7VWH
ESP/LTD Viper VB-300 (Baritone)
Peavey 6505
Mesa Standard 4X12
Boss TU-3
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
POD XT (Bean)
Line 6 FBV Longboard
troyofyort
2nd place is da 1st loser
827 IQ
Just sucks that he seemed to be doing so well, exact same situation with Chi Cheng. Even though people ragged on him a bunch, we lost a legend today, RIP \m/
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
rjaylaf
I dunno :(
143 IQ
As much as I can't stand slayer (basically because Kerry King is a dick and not a great guitar player) this sucks a huge amount. RIP.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
smittyanthrax
1,976 IQ
Rip Jeff.Im shocked.I know it was very serious at the time it happend but i thought he was on to the road to recovery and it was just a matter of time.Kerry King youre behaviour and attitude toward Jeff lately has been disgusting.Clearly wasnt intrested in keeping in touch with Jeff and now its far too late.
trebor70
64 IQ
How sad. I'm not a metal fan but there's no question that he was a master musician and guitarist, and it's a real loss. My sympathies and thoughts go out to his fans.
tonyplow
33 IQ
That's gnarly. Those guys must be so sad. I never got to see them live either. RIP a metal legend.