Pretty much that. I've had a few incidents where I got really into my playing, moving around and such, and my strap came loose. I'd rather not completely FUBAR my bass just yet, so I'm investing in some strap locks. Are the Schallers worth it?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Yes they are, $25 bucks really isn't that much?
I prefer dimazio cliplock straps personally though.
Although on certain guitar body's the plastic clips rub the finish I've heard. But I REALLY whip my guitars around and I feel confident in the cliplocks.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Yes
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
A hint. When fitting it to the strap use a shifter on the clip and a spanner on the nut and lock it down nice and tight.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You only have to do it once. How lazy are you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
nah it kept coming undone, no matter how many times i tightened it with a spanner. and yes, i had a washer under the nut. plus i didn't like the design of them anyway. i prefer the pin of the dunlops that locks into the strap button.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
nah it kept coming undone, no matter how many times i tightened it with a spanner. and yes, i had a washer under the nut. plus i didn't like the design of them anyway. i prefer the pin of the dunlops that locks into the strap button.
Maybe you have the upper body strength of a spider monkey? You can lean on the spanner pretty hard with them. I've got some that have been on the same strap for over 20 years and they haven't budged.
Were you holding the clip with a shifter as you tightened the nut? That's how to get some real force into the equation.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks guys.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
I also prefer the Dunlops. Feel way more solid than the Schallers. Schallers come undone over time, I've never had to mess w/ dunlops.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I still use the first set of Schallers I bought in 1999 and the work great still
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have some on my strat, Zeppelinn I thing, they are pretty sweet, I really like the design.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
If you're worried about price, there are homemade alternatives with washers, or there are these plastic clips you can buy, but for the life of me can't remember who makes them...
But straplocks are a must IMO.
As a non-drinker, take my post with a grain of salt:

Apparently "Grolsh"-brand beer is a great solution. The method of sealing the beer-bottle is some fancy-mechanism. A perfectly-sized washer to put under the stock strap buttons and over the strap comes on each and every single bottle, and straps NEVER come off.

It requires a screw driver on your guitar to remove your strap, but it is not coming off otherwise. End of story.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
The dunlops are they only ones i have tried and i think theyre pretty good considerating how cheap they are.Not the prettiest tho for sure.
People will probably argue with me but I've always preferred the Planet Waves Planet Lock straps over actual strap locks.
Quote by sideslick
As a non-drinker, take my post with a grain of salt:

Apparently "Grolsh"-brand beer is a great solution. The method of sealing the beer-bottle is some fancy-mechanism. A perfectly-sized washer to put under the stock strap buttons and over the strap comes on each and every single bottle, and straps NEVER come off.

It requires a screw driver on your guitar to remove your strap, but it is not coming off otherwise. End of story.

As a drinker, I can confirm that the red washer from the Grolsch flip-top lids is a perfect straplock alternative. Grolsch is also delicious, and not that far away from Grohl, and who doesn't like Dave Grohl?
Quote by Cathbard
A hint. When fitting it to the strap use a shifter on the clip and a spanner on the nut and lock it down nice and tight.

I throw in some thread lock for good measure
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Agreed with the grolsch beer washer.

Drink a beer get a straplock free.

Mine have been on for about 10 years. They are easy to switch over between guitars if needed as well.

I know this is unscientific...but I have seen strap locks come loose (and also heard about people complaining) + one guy at least in this thread have problems with em.

And 25 bucks vs free/1 buck. Who buys strap locks if they are not worth 25 times the value of the Grolsch washer?

Not to mention..you feel the washer became old and u don't trust it? Buy a beer!

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at May 3, 2013,
i lost the washer and nut on my schaller's, but you can still put the strap on the strap button and then clip the clip over it.

sure it looks ugly, but super secure