Poll: Who's The Best Longshot?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who's The Best Longshot?
Oxbow (30-1)
1 13%
Golden Soul (50-1)
0 0%
Giant Finish (50-1)
0 0%
Lines of Battle (30-1)
2 25%
Falling Sky (50-1)
2 25%
Black Onyx (50-1)
0 0%
Frac Daddy (50-1)
3 38%
Voters: 8.
Anybody else watching this? I usually do, in fact I have never missed one, but tomorrow I have a wedding to attend, and I might miss it due to timing.

I'm thinking 'bout, after I travel back home this afternoon, visiting the off track betting facility, taking about fifty bucks, and placing it between a couple of long shots, and maybe some medium shots. It'll will at least make it more fun to watch, that is if I get to watch it it all.

So who we betting on the woman, or old man?

Should I post poll?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I bet on a horse race for the first time two weeks ago, and it was a lot of fun. Yay for horse racing!
I admit it leaves me cold. My wife loves horses and loves the big annual races... But to me it seems essentially to be animal abuse. The horses are very frequently drugged, often injured so badly they must be destroyed....These things are endemic in the sport.
Recently, one of the very prestigious UK "farms" was caught up in a doping scandal.
That sounds like the most american thing ever.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
What the hell is the Grand National?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Yay for even more horse death!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Horses are either stupid or glue.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Bikewer
I admit it leaves me cold. My wife loves horses and loves the big annual races... But to me it seems essentially to be animal abuse. The horses are very frequently drugged, often injured so badly they must be destroyed....These things are endemic in the sport.
Recently, one of the very prestigious UK "farms" was caught up in a doping scandal.

What intrigues me about statements like this is the fact that more often than not, the people who make them have never even seen a horse, and know little or nothing about them.
Quote by Toadvine
What the hell is the Grand National?

It's the biggest steeplechase in Britain.

The Epsom Derby is more comparable than the National.
The Kentucky Derby is one of the biggest horse races in the world. I've watched it, never been to it, though. Tickets can be very expensive.

I've been to Churchill Downs, but only for a few minor races.

I am going to a different track tomorrow morning to bet on the Derby.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at May 3, 2013,
Derby pie is the only thing I care about. So bomb.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by eGraham
The Kentucky Derby is one of the biggest horse races in the world. I've watched it, never been to it, though. Tickets can be very expensive.

I've been to Churchill Downs, but only for a few minor races.

I am going to a different track tomorrow morning to bet on the Derby.

Who you betting on and how?

I'm thinking about putting ten bucks on five of these long shot bastards to show.
Quote by Toadvine
Who you betting on and how?

I'm thinking about putting ten bucks on five of these long shot bastards to show.

I don't know who, yet. When you go to the betting places you can see the horse's and jockey's race history. What weather they do best in, what type of tracks they've ran on, etc. I sometimes like to go by that when I bet.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
I sometimes like to go by that when I bet.

You sometimes like to bet with half a clue what you're betting on?

I can only imagine how well you do.
Quote by willT08
You sometimes like to bet with half a clue what you're betting on?

I can only imagine how well you do.

I do pretty well actually. And by sometimes I meant practically always, but sometimes it's fun to go in blind and see what happens.

The first race I ever bet on, I doubled my money. I went in blind because I had no idea what to do lol.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved by Hunter S. Thompson is pretty much the only exposure I have to it.

Now I kinda wanna make mint juleps tomorrow, though.
So this Kent Ucky shite is basically just a shit version of the Grand National?

Lol'Murica
Quote by sam b

Lol'Murica

It's really more of a Southern thing, and we've long been the worst part of the US, except maybe Wyoming or Montana, where the word "neighbor" is a completely foreign concept.
Quote by sam b

Lol'Murica

They don't even jump.

Lol'Murica
Quote by Holy Katana
It's really more of a Southern thing, and we've long been the worst part of the US, except maybe Wyoming or Montana, where the word "neighbor" is a completely foreign concept.

Not really

The Bellmont Stakes (which are part of the Triple Crown with the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness) are right outside NYC.

Also, I live right outside Philadelphia and it's been pretty popular here since quite a few horses have come from this area.
Last edited by WCPhils at May 3, 2013,
Quote by TEK34
They don't even jump.

Lol'Murica

Wow, it's even shitter than I already thought

Lol'Murica