I absolutely love my dual rec for rhythm tones and all around crunch and whatnot but I can't really find a good solo tone from it and I was thinking about running my JCM 2000 along with it to be my main solo amp because I can get amazing solo tones out of that beast but not so much rhythm tones. Would I absolutely be a nightmare for a sound guy because of this setup or not? I see bigger bands doing it all the time and I'm worried by exactly that, Big bands, my band is just getting our second wind after being on hiatus for about a year and I don't know if this would be a little overkill... Thoughts? Or suggestions? Or just general help would be amazingly appreciated.
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Well balls I feel dumb now...
Now, a question of how to actually go about doing it. Will I need both my marshall cabs? Or can I run them both into one cab with a splitter?
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
No need for a headbone if you've got a 1960A or B. You can turn it to stereo operation and plug one head into each channel, then just use a standard A/B/Y between the guitar and amp inputs.

Get one mic on the left side and one on the right for your sound guy.
Quote by Roc8995
No need for a headbone if you've got a 1960A or B. You can turn it to stereo operation and plug one head into each channel, then just use a standard A/B/Y between the guitar and amp inputs.

Get one mic on the left side and one on the right for your sound guy.

Whats a good a/b/y splitter?
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
as mentioned, you have options.

-use two head out of one amp with something like the headbone

-use a separate cab for each head and mic both up

-use a stereo cab and plug one head into each side and mic both sides up

if you already own a stereo cab then i'd say use it for the two heads (if it can provide the correct impedance values for both heads). you can even change out speakers on the cab to customize the sounds of each amp if you want.

i use a whirlwind optical A/B/Y switcher, it's a bit expensive but i have no complaints and i like it's operation.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
One issue you might run into with a passive A/B/Y is ground loops. If you do, you'll be better of with an isolated A/B/Y like the Fulltone, Framptone or Radial ones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs