Right soo ive been looking for a home amp for practising in my bedroom. Ive been scouring around looking at all different practise amps and pedals to run with headphones.

Then it dawned on me...You can get stuff for iphones and ipads that just let you plug in and play, soo surely i can get something to download strait onto my mac that will allow me to do the same thing right? The problem is i cant seem to actually find any.

Does anyone know if its possible to simply download amplitube onto my mac and just use the little 1/4" to 1/16" connector they supply to run strait into my mic slot? And if soo where do i go about getting it from?

Any help would be great or even any alternative ideas would be appreciated.
All i want it something thats really easy, has relatively good tone, with a built in tuner and just plug in and play simplicity.
Go to the recording forum & read the interfaces sticky. There's loads of recommendations there for what you're trying to do.

Using the mic slot is not recommended.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Go buy a Line 6 UX1. It comes with an interface and POD Farm. Got me through college while living in dorms.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ok. So there is nothing for mac like irig for iphone and ipad where i can get download the app and use a little conector to plug into the mac and get sound through my speakers?
Depending on your mac you can use an iRig with it and just use Garageband. Though the amp models suck.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by billabob
ok. So there is nothing for mac like irig for iphone and ipad where i can get download the app and use a little conector to plug into the mac and get sound through my speakers?

Yes. It's discussed in the sticky I mentioned in my first reply.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud