Right now I got my eyes (and ears) set on the Iron Horse of Walrus Audio and the Teaser Stallion from Catalinbread. Do you guys have any comments on these pedals? Is there another one I should check out? Not looking for the classic sounding DS pedal as you can see... Thank you.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
i haven't tried either, but what type of tone are you going for?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not one in particular, but I'm in the mood for a different distorted sound. If it helps I play Jazz, Funk, Alternative, Sludge and Stoner, but I do not tend to be orthodox, if you know what I mean...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Dude, get the Creation Audio Labs Holy Fire.
It's ****in sick, a clean boost, OD and distortion all in one. Runs on 48v, it is so mental (Comes with its own powersupply). Most of the demos on youtube are bluesy orientated but with everything cranked it can nail tones like "The Pot" by Tool. Wicked piece of gear.

There are a few ok demos on youtube but none really show off the heavier side of this pedal, which is something it does so well
If you want something completely off the wall, try an ZVEX Fuzz Probe.

For something a little more practical in the Fuzz realm of things, I like the Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
^

didn't you reverse one of their other pedals and find it was a glorified timmy?

I was actually gonna say a rat might work nicely for the stuff he wants. the mooer black secret is pretty nice (at least for what i paid for it, $44 ) and has the two clipping options which are actually pretty useful- i prefer the diodes into a clean amp but the leds into a crunchy amp.

It's also nice in that it's different enough to be interesting, but not so different as to be unusable or a niche product. It works well with a wide range of guitars and amps, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 4, 2013,