Page 1 of 4
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/02/kristian-sparks-shoots-sister_n_3199807.html?

So apparently the shocking thing about this story is that there's actually a company out there that makes .22 rifles specifically for kids called "my first rifle", and some stupid parents actually bought their 5 year old child this rifle and he in turn shot his sister thinking it was toy.

Here's the actual ad for the rifle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_gJqkbPt4
Last edited by WaterGod at May 3, 2013,
They talked about this on a local morning show.

Kids gun or not, all weapons should be under lock and key with kids around. "Childproof" everything.
Kristian's rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home, and the family didn't realize a bullet had been left in it, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White said.

I'm just saying.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
If the 2 year old had a gun she could've protected herself.

Seriously though, what kind of reasonable parent gives his little kid a gun? you can fucking justify that stupid shit
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by WCPhils
gun don't kill people

Children with weaponry kill people! WE MUST GET RID OF ALL CHILDREN!!!!
Quote by adamgur96

Seriously though, what kind of reasonable parent gives his little kid a gun?

Kristian's rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home, and the family didn't realize a bullet had been left in it, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White said.

Kristian's rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home

was kept in a corner of the mobile home

mobile home
Well there's your problem
Last edited by WCPhils at May 3, 2013,
Quote by adamgur96
If the 2 year old had a gun she could've protected herself.

His sister was probably trying to knife him. That rifle saved that child's life.
Quote by WCPhils

Ok, got it, i understand now.
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
wait guys, let's use a perfect example of parental neglect to push our political ideologies!

...oh wait
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Wow only in America would there be a my first rifle...in this part of Canada, in the majority of the municipalities you have to be over 18 to own a pellet gun and can only fire it at a shooting range. I found this out the hard way shooting pellet guns with my buddy in the forest behind the house I was staying and and we got ambushed by the cops guns drawn and shit. They even made us sign release forms handing over our pellet guns to them so they could destroy them, the other option was get charged with possession of a deadly weapon. Pretty messed up situation when were talking about a .177 caliber spring powered single shot pellet gun.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Article
"This was a total shock. This was totally unexpected."

Really? Totally unexpected?

Somebody please explain to me again this obsession with guns?
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I can understand teaching your kid to hunt, even buying them a gun (Though I don't think it's a good thing). But leaving it laying around the house is ridiculous, they should be charged with neglect. Or with being ****ing stupid.

(when I say buying your kid a gun I mean buying them one and saying 'this is yours' and then putting it where they can't get to it)
Quote by MAC2322

2nd amendment, only one that matters.
Quote by MAC2322

Small penises, i believe
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Quote by megano28
wait guys, let's use a perfect example of parental neglect to push our political ideologies!

...oh wait

yeah it's parental neglect that caused the company to produce and market a rifle aimed at kids.

Let's not ignore the parents' role in this, but at the same time let's not ignore the fact that there are rifles marketed at children. Not rifles that are marketed at adults who happen to give their kids rifles, we're talking specifically rifles designed and made for kids.

That's a symptom of a ****ing ******ed system.

But hey, let's stick our fingers in our ears and hope the issue goes away.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by WaterGod
the shocking thing about this story is that there's actually a company out there that makes .22 rifles specifically for kids

And that's the final word

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by ne14t
Wow only in America would there be a my first rifle...in this part of Canada, in the majority of the municipalities you have to be over 18 to own a pellet gun and can only fire it at a shooting range. I found this out the hard way shooting pellet guns with my buddy in the forest behind the house I was staying and and we got ambushed by the cops guns drawn and shit. They even made us sign release forms handing over our pellet guns to them so they could destroy them, the other option was get charged with possession of a deadly weapon. Pretty messed up situation when were talking about a .177 caliber spring powered single shot pellet gun.

That sounds almost as dumb as this tbh.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
That sounds almost as dumb as this tbh.

but at least no children died.
Yup, looking in from the outside... America's ****ed
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by ne14t

Sound like the reaction the cops have when me and my friends shoot off fireworks in the city.
Irresponsible gun owners and poor firearm education is the problem.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yeah it's parental neglect that caused the company to produce and market a rifle aimed at kids.

Let's not ignore the parents' role in this, but at the same time let's not ignore the fact that there are rifles marketed at children. Not rifles that are marketed at adults who happen to give their kids rifles, we're talking specifically rifles designed and made for kids.

Yeah because a child can go to the local market and purchase one of these guns alone. These guns, despite being marketed to children, have to be purchased by adults who gift them to the children.

And lets not ignore that the rifle was left in plain sight, with a .22 bullet in the chamber. Ammunition that the child cannot buy himself. All of that sounds like extreme parental neglect. There's all sorts of shit out there that is meant to ensnare children, it's the job of the parents to avoid having their children surrounded by that.

It's a shitty company, but hey lets use this example to paint the pro gun people in a certain light and reignite this pointless debate.

Come on, I know you're not that stupid.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by Lemoninfluence

I don't even understand why children are allowed to use firearms, let alone have certain ones marketed towards them.
I bought one of these for my son when he was 8, but he's never touched it without me being present and its in a gun safe when not heading to the range.

Simple case of parental negligence here and should be prosecuted as such.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I had a gun when I was 5. My dad let me shoot all the guns when I was a kid. If I wanted to play with one, he got it out, cleared it, and let me play with it (safely, of course). They stayed in the safe when he wasn't there, and I was taught how to handle guns from the time I could physically hold one. If parents would quit being bad parents, things like this wouldn't happen. Genuine accidents happen. This, however, is not an accident. It's negligence. And it cost them their daughter's life, and their son has to live with that.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by WCPhils
I don't even understand why children are allowed to use firearms, let alone have certain ones marketed towards them.

Because it's a sport. And sports are fun. Kids are inquisitive and like to learn new things.
Quote by WCPhils
gun don't kill people

oh wait....

Phil, you're smarter than that.

Guns DON'T kill people. Shitty parenting and unsafe gun handling/education killed their daughter. The gun didn't just jump out of the corner, loaded itself, and went off.
Quote by megano28
Yeah because a child can go to the local market and purchase one of these guns alone. These guns, despite being marketed to children, have to be purchased by adults who gift them to the children.

And lets not ignore that the rifle was left in plain sight, with a .22 bullet in the chamber. Ammunition that the child cannot buy himself. All of that sounds like extreme parental neglect. There's all sorts of shit out there that is meant to ensnare children, it's the job of the parents to avoid having their children surrounded by that.

It's a shitty company, but hey lets use this example to paint the pro gun people in a certain light and reignite this pointless debate.

Come on, I know you're not that stupid.

The fact that this kind of stuff is allowed to happen is ******ed in the first place.

Yes the parents bought the gun, yes the parents left the child with it while it was loaded, but the fact remains that there's so much opposition to the regulation of firearms that companies are allowed to market them to children.

How many adverts are there for children's alcoholic drinks or tobacco?

I'd hope the answer is 'none'. And do you know why that is? because it's ****ing ridiculous to market these things to kids.

But because americans have a hard on for guns they don't bat an eyelid when a company makes guns FOR kids.

Like I said, it's a symptom of a bigger issue, the parents are primarily responsible for this incident, but those who oppose any and all attempts at regulation share part of the blame too.

Quote by WCPhils

because 'MURICA!!!!
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at May 3, 2013,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
The fact that this kind of stuff is allowed to happen is ******ed in the first place.

Yes the parents bought the gun, yes the parents left the child with it while it was loaded, but the fact remains that there's so much opposition to the regulation of firearms that companies are allowed to market them to children.

I'd hope the answer is 'none'. And do you know why that is? because it's ****ing ridiculous to market these things to kids.

But because americans have a hard on for guns they don't bat an eyelid when a company makes guns FOR kids.

Like I said, it's a symptom of a bigger issue, the parents are primarily responsible for this incident, but those who oppose any and all attempts at regulation share part of the blame too.

because 'MURICA!!!!

Relax. Breathe and calm down.
I hope you're just as passionate with the childhood obesity and how food companies market high sugar content cereals towards children…or are you just anti-gun?
We need to design a gun that does kill people. Normal guns are unreliable, unpredictable - take the human ambiguity out of the equation. You're paying good money for a piece, why shouldn't it be able to jump out of the cupboard and load itself? Shit, do we gotta do everything, with all our technological advances in the last 50 years and yet self-pulling triggers are not the norm?
Whatever happened to the American dream?
Last edited by Hydra150 at May 3, 2013,
Quote by Lemoninfluence

because 'MURICA!!!!

I've seen plenty of ads for sugary drinks and cereals all over the TV, advertised to little kids. If you're really worried about the wellbeing of the kids, you'd focus on that, considering it'll be the biggest cause of preventable death by the time they grow up.

Like I said, talk about the subject and don't turn this into your pulpit to bitch about something that is obscurely related.

There are kids that have killed siblings playing wrestling or with bats etc. Was WWE banned? No. These are kids, let's look at what kids do and not turn this into some stupid "OMG GUNZ R BAD!!!"
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by Lemoninfluence

because 'MURICA!!!!

The weapon in question is sized to be safe and comfortable for kids, I fail to see the problem there.

It's not marketed to kids, since kids can't purchase firearms, it's marketed to parents who want to teach their kids how to handle firearms.

In this case the parents were inadequate, as they are worldwide in various unfortunate circumstances thousands of times annually, but by all means lets blame the firearm...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by megano28
I've seen plenty of ads for sugary drinks and cereals all over the TV, advertised to little kids. If you're really worried about the wellbeing of the kids, you'd focus on that, considering it'll be the biggest cause of preventable death by the time they grow up.

Like I said, talk about the subject and don't turn this into your pulpit to bitch about something that is obscurely related.

There are kids that have killed siblings playing wrestling or with bats etc. Was WWE banned? No. These are kids, let's look at what kids do and not turn this into some stupid "OMG GUNZ R BAD!!!"

You heard it here first folks, cereal and soda are the largest influencing factors of child mortality rates in the US.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

because 'MURICA!!!!

These adverts don't air on any TV station, and they're marketed to parents, not to kids. What regulations do you think would have prevented this? Kids can't buy guns, and any law requiring a gun to be in a safe is either unenforceable until something happens, or is unconstitutional (random checks).

It's not about regulation, it's about negligence. How many kids die alone in swimming pools each year? Do you want pools regulated too?
Quote by jeffmetalhead
Because it's a sport. And sports are fun. Kids are inquisitive and like to learn new things.

So is driving, yet I don't see 5 year olds (or 16 year olds in some states) being allowed to obtain a license

So is football, yet places like New York are trying to ban tackle football for anyone under the age of 11

So is base jumping/Skydiving, yet most states require you to be over 16 or 18 years old

Quote by megano28

That's not the same thing at all
Last edited by WCPhils at May 3, 2013,
I'm gonna have to side with the NRA crowd here. The article says this is the first shooting death they've had in like 5 years and this is hillbilly country where everyone has guns. It's the parents' fault first and foremost and blaming firearms in general seems like jumping the gun (huehuehue).

Quote by WCPhils
So is football, yet places like New York are trying to ban tackle football for anyone under the age of 11

Are we really? omg.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Page 1 of 4