Hey everyone,

I'm new to posting in the forums even though this is pretty much where I go whenever I search for gear related things. Anyways, I'm playing an Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top through a 75w Peavey Vypyr. I like some of the effects and tones I can get from the vypyrs built in ones, but for live use it's not practical. Effects are a major part of my sound. I have a bunch of stompboxes, but I'm thinking of selling most of them. Now for my actually question:

Should I invest in a Digitech RP1000, and ignore most of the effects on the vypyr, or a Sanpera 2 to control my Vypyr's effects at my feet. I do like a lot of the vypyr effects and sounds, but I'm not too wild about the delay. That being said, the two foot pedals seems very practical, especially since I've read how touchy wah is on the rp1000. I don't live near any guitar stores, so it'd be about an hour and twenty minute drive to try them out in person.

Does anyone have experience with both? What would be better for gigging? That's primarily what this is for.
Sanpera II, by far.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Sanpera. You don't want to run a multi fx into a modeling amp.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
The only thing I'm worried about with the Sanpera is that it looks like it's flimsy and it looks more difficult to tweak effects, is it? Also, why wouldn't I want to run a multi fx through it?
I guess it would depend on if you were going to upgrade your amp in the future.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by joeker19lc
The only thing I'm worried about with the Sanpera is that it looks like it's flimsy and it looks more difficult to tweak effects, is it? Also, why wouldn't I want to run a multi fx through it?

IIRC It's a pretty solid box, made of metal. It's been awhile since I've actually seen one. And typical a modeler into a modeler sounds like garbage. It's like running a computer into a computer, if that makes any sense.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I have a Sanpera II. It is not flimsy.

You tweak the effects on the amp. The Sanpera II is not an FX unit in any way. It is just a controller for the amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
There's no point in playing through a modeling amp if you would be using a multi FX through it. The point of a modeling amp is that it has all the sounds you need. If you wanted to use multi FX sounds, it would be much more reasonable to have an amp that has a clean clean channel that doesn't affect your tone a lot. Because usually modeling amps only have modeled tones. Even the clean channel is modeling so it will affect your tone.

Also, your amp has all the sounds and effects you need. I wouldn't suggest Digitech RP1000. Because it has exactly the same models as my RP355 (and some more). And the sounds my RP355 can make are OK but nothing special. I don't think they are any better than what your amp can produce.

Sanpera II is a foot controller. It's not a multi FX unit. It controls the built in effects of your amp and makes it a lot easier to control the presets. So I would definitely suggest buying the Sanpera.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115