Recently I treated myself to some new gear. I have wanted to eventually get some new gear that I would hopefully keep around for a while. I also was looking to upgrade. I have had decent items in the past, and I was looking to get back to that realm. I had a blackstar HT20 combo, which sufficed for a while. I recently built a 2x12 cab and thought that this would be the perfect time to go back to a higher quality all tube amp head. So...after some time, trying to be patient and researching and playing as much as could get my hands on I landed on an Orange TH30 head. Then I also wanted to replace two guitars with one really good guitar. Which led me to getting a Gibson Les Paul standard Double cut.

Orange TH30-I am liking this am more and more each time I play it. The distortion on it is unique. It just has more balls to it than the blackstar. It has the kind of distortion that you truly feel when you play.
PROS
1. Great distortion channel with a huge range of tones. Shape feature can give you even more range. The distortion can go from crunchy blues to doom/sludge metal very easily. I would say that there are some areas that this amp would not do well, from a metal perspective, but with a pedal you should be able to get there.
2. The clean channel is very clean and very, very loud. I would not equate this to a Fender clean, but it does have that Vox-y vibe to it. I really cannot emphasize how loud this channel is, but when cranked it has a smooth break up to it.
3.Channel switching is easy and there is no tone loss, it is a very smooth transition.

CONS
1. There is a very significant decrease in volume from clean to dirty. I called Orange and they said that this was very common for this amp. It's not that the clean channel is that much more loud than the dirty, but it is that as the dirty channel gets cranked it does not effectively get louder but more compressed. I plan on messing around with the tubes to see if that will alter that concept in the slightest.

Gibson
Love this guitar, not going to do a pros and cons, because I haven't found a con yet. Great action, great neck, more of a 60's style so not too thick. Pickups have great response to your picking attack. Bridge has enough bite to cut through and the neck is nice and warm. Great sustain.

All in all the guitar and amp combo were made to go together. Just looking at them is temptation enough to be played.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to be somewhat thorough.
Attachments:
image(5).jpeg
image(6).jpeg
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Cool !

Bummer on the volume difference....
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Awesome choices! Double cut LPs are pretty much the only Gibson that I really care for aesthetically and Orange is just pure bitchin win, any day of the week. I have an AD30 that arrived in the mail for me waiting at home but I have 2 more weeks on a business trip so I have to hold off. I swear, I'm dreaming about that damn amp here in my hotel bed...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
^I feel your pain. I have been on the road a lot this week and have not had as much time as I would have wanted. One of my friend's sons has the AD30. It's a great amp. I love LP's, but always hated the higher fret access, the double cut and SG's have always been on my wish list.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
I've had a couple SG's before, but they were the faded one's. My next big purchase will probably either be an SG or a PRS. I am building a 7 string soon (depending on your definition of soon).
Line 6 M13
HNSD!

Those TH30's are suprisingly versatile even with the lack of 3 band EQ.

I had a LP for years, bought a PRS and ended up selling the LP. The PRS is just so much more comfortable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nice! Love the DC LPs. Something just so classy about them.

HNUpgradeD!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I thought the same thing about the DC Pauls. Not to mention this one is black with a vintage cream binding.
Line 6 M13
Thanks!!! Glad I could finally instill some GAS on this forum. Others have made it nearly impossible for me. This has cured me for the time being. It plays beyond great.
Line 6 M13