Hi , I play through a traynor ycs 90 which has great cleans , overdrive and distortion with a vibe like a jcm 2000. I love the tones I can get but occasionally when playing metal I want the mesa dual or triple rec tone. I was wondering what someone reccomends to push the amp to get there. I was looking at the fullbore metal , the mesa throttle box and using some combination of boosts etc. Any help is very appreciated
Yeah thats another one I was looking at , but how good does it sound through the clean channel of a good tube amp ?
My only issue with it is the price I can afford it but the tthing itself is the price of a small tube amp lol. is there anything under 200$ that gets a similar tone ?
AMT R-drive perhaps?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
It's totally worth it. If you really want high gain distortion through a clean amp there are few good-sounding alternatives. I have one that runs in front of a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it sounds pretty amazing.

The Bogner Uberschall pedal may deserve a look at, but I haven't gotten my hands on it to testify for or against it.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Quote by NakedInTheRain
check out some of the weehbo dirtboxes, like the morbid drive. i have the bastard, and it's pretty ****ing good for a pedal.

This. But the Wampler is also sick. Also check out a Dr. Scientist The Elements if you can. Pretty wicked tonez.

Quote by tonehunter1992
My only issue with it is the price I can afford it but the tthing itself is the price of a small tube amp lol. is there anything under 200$ that gets a similar tone
?

Yeah but no $200 tube amp will give you the tone of a Triple (W)rec(k). Unfair comparison really I have had and will have more pedals worth double that. There is an old saying "You get what you pay for", and in this case, as with most high gain distortion pedals, the saying applies.
Trust me man. Spend the dosh, and you will not be disappointed. Cheap out now and you will probably look to upgrade in the future anyways. Not to say that there aren't cheap pedals that sound good, just high gain stuff hasn't really been conquered at that lower price point. Good luck
I would really suggest ordering a Triple Wreck clone from my buddy Ásgeir at PedalProjects (google it to find his website). He offers point to point hand-wired and hand-painted pedals at a bargain. He has Triple Wrecks for $145 with shipping to the US
After looking around , I think its less that IM specifically looking for the mesa tone , i think i just want to tighten up the distortion on my amp