There is something up with my acoustic. Whenever I plus the guitar all the volume on the strings sound fine expect for the low E which is MUCH louder then the rest. Any idea what might be happening?

This is the acoustic that I own is a Ibanez AW300ECE Artwood Solid Top Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar.
Quote by klynch
...[ ]...Whenever I plus the guitar all the volume on the strings sound fine expect for the low....[ ].....
Forgive me for being old, uncool, and slow on the uptake, but I really don't know what you're trying to say there....
Think he meant to say plug. Does your guitar have tone knobs? Bass, treble? If so, try turnin' down your bass knob.
It's a process, not an event.
You have to hit the other strings hard when using the low E string. I struggled with this, it does tend to drown out the chord if you're not following the stroke through at the same power. However, you may just have the wrong type of strings on your guitar, you could try a new set with a less beefy low E. I guess it's one of those questions no one can answer unless they actually hold your guitar for themselves =(
Quote by Do Re Mi
Think he meant to say plug. Does your guitar have tone knobs? Bass, treble? If so, try turnin' down your bass knob.

I tried to lower down the EQ knobs but the low E is still much louder than all the others when plugged in.
Quote by klynch
I tried to lower down the EQ knobs but the low E is still much louder than all the others when plugged in.

Well, my Ibanez AEL10 is a bit "thuddy" also. But, have you EQ'd the amp also? Dreadnought bodies are notoriously bass heavy anyway.

The guitar could also be on the verge of feedback. Does your model have a anti-feedback filter? I find acoustics with peizo pickups don't "squeal" the way an electric might, they more or less "woof". The bass will get louder and sustain more than it would unplugged.

It's also possible the saddle is not seating properly, and only making its best contact on the bass side. Page #6 of this guide: http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/guitars_and_setup/setup_page_01.html will give you some tips to check and/or correct that.

Don't turn up all the way at the guitar. Onboard pre-amps like any other amp will distort on 10 through 13 , possibly as soon as 8 or 9..

With all that said, the high e-1 & B-2 strings aren't ever going to be as loud as the bottoms. If you're concerned about transitioning to solo in the higher registers, you can always stuff a compressor in the line. A carefully adjusted compressor, of course..
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 4, 2013,
You didn't tell us what sort of amp you use, is it accoustic or a regular electric voiced amp, in any event I have the same problem with my piezo's guitars ,from what I can tell the only solution is going to be a EQ or outboard preamp with EQ and other adjustments.