Page 1 of 2
I don't know if this is just my school, but recently everyone has been wearing stones T shirts, even though they don't listen to them. Has this happened anywhere else?
Quote by accadacca97
everyone has been wearing stones T shirts, even though they don't listen to them.

Wow. Now there's some quality logic.

On a serious note, it's probably because you're insane.
Just stop doing that and everything should be fine.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Who can resist those full, sensuous lips?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I think because they're giving away free t-shirts to those who sell q-tips to neighbors.
This isn't a new thing in England, it's been going on for years. I think it's because shops like Primark sell them so cheap. Then again, I saw my dad wearing a "FECK" 'the irish connection' t shirt the other day. People like the lips man. DEM LIPS.
rolling stones are a band? i thought they were just a fashion brand lol
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Use to be a thing about 5 years ago here. Would often ask people their favourite Stones song and get a blank look.
Quote by munkybusiness
This isn't a new thing in England, it's been going on for years. I think it's because shops like Primark sell them so cheap.

This
Quote by Spaztikko
This is my jam.

personally I prefer strawberry, but each to his own
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
personally I prefer strawberry, but each to his own

As long as we realise that Kick out the epic mother****er is the be all end all, that's ok.
I wear them because I like the band, but it's a fashion accessory now. People wear tshirts by them, GnR and the like because the "armchair rock fan" look is very in. Every man and his dog goes out in a leather jacket and some purposefully faded rock tshirt and jeans now.
Idk, the misfits have every piece of merch known, and Idk anyone who listens to them, hell I can only name the song astro zombies off the top of my head. Also I don't go to highschool anymore, but I've seen some killer graphics on shirts with bands I didn't like's logo/name.

Also they sell the shirts everywhere, it's very accessable, most pseudo-vintage crap has been for a long time.
Last edited by stratkat at May 4, 2013,
Well last year was their 50th Anniversary, and they've just kicked off their first tour in a while so the media is all over them, and frankly they're the biggest band in the world.

So I imagine that's why. Their logo has just become a fashion statement with time, just like The Ramones. I also see a large amount of girls in clubs wearing sparkly Guns N' Roses shirts, they sell them in Primark so they all buy them.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Spaztikko
As long as we realise that Kick out the epic mother****er is the be all end all, that's ok.

YES.
cat
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
My sister frequently wears a Madness and a Jimi Hendrix t-shirt. She can't name a single song by either.

Spaff on her tits.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I own two Stones shirts, a Stones belt. I also have the lips tattooed on my arm. They're my favourite band and have been a huge influence on me musically. I also have tickets to see them in Hyde Park on July 6th and I am freakin' ridiculously excited for that. But now I'm just bragging.
I like the rolling stones because they made cool music
Many people like them because they were style icons on the 60s, and retro fashion is cool
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by guitarxo
Cuz of this maybe? I've seen people wear them at clubs specifically for this song

http://youtu.be/WyE99hBLnvA

isn't it ironic that the song is taking a punch at those who'd later end up wearing one in a club?

Wow people are ******ed.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I see a Stones shirt and I want it painted black...
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
People have done things like that for awhile, I say who gives a crap, I'd rather see rolling stones shirts on non fans than beiber shirts on actual beiber fans. Plus I've never been a music snob or elitists so I jus don't give a rats ass
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
It's probably the "I-say-I-listen-to-reggae-but-only-know-bob-marley" subculture. Or worse..
baab
I have noticed the same thing - it is all fashion. My high school peers wore Bob Marley, Dark Side of the Moon, Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Zeppelin, and Stones T shirts. In all honesty, I think that it was a reflection of the drug culture. It all started when they started smoking pot and then they would associate that music with said pot. It is almost as if they are intentionally giving into the stereotype of Deadheads and the like. No one really knew any of those groups' songs - they just wore the clothes because it was a subtle way of saying, "look how cool and different I am for wearing these old band t-shirts." It is kind of like a subliminal code that branded you a stoner or being hip. Granted a few people genuinely liked a few songs, but for the majority it was just fashion. It irked me a little since I sincerely enjoy that kind of music, but whatever. Just my two cents.
In my school recently people have been wearing those Ramones sweaters and I went up to a guy in my class who was wearing one and said "You like the Ramones" and he said "What are Ramones".
Just like people wearing "the dark side of the moon" T-shirts. Kinda makes me sad that mostly they dont know anything about Pink Floyd or Storm Thorgesen
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by My Last Words
It's probably the "I-say-I-listen-to-reggae-but-only-know-bob-marley" subculture. Or worse..

I absolutely hate people like that. Especially when they start wearing the Jamaican flag colors on their clothes or other things because they smoke weed and listen to 4 Bob Marley songs.
Last edited by Bdqdog at May 4, 2013,
ughh i hate it wen people just wear band t shirts to look cool that shit bugs me
it's like how people in the mainstream started wearing metal band tshirts like Iron Maiden. so i think it's a thing.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by stratkat
Idk, the misfits have every piece of merch known, and Idk anyone who listens to them, hell I can only name the song astro zombies off the top of my head. Also I don't go to highschool anymore, but I've seen some killer graphics on shirts with bands I didn't like's logo/name.

Also they sell the shirts everywhere, it's very accessable, most pseudo-vintage crap has been for a long time.

i remember seeing scene kids wearing misfits stuff used to infuriate me.
you're a stone fox
you got a problem with the stones, mate?

It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Page 1 of 2