Hi, i wonder if this is possible:
Have a user on the pod hd500, that is only containing fx in the loop and front to use with a real amp (i know you can do this). But lets say the amp has a footswitch connected via a midi cable that switches between the channels clean, crunch, solo. Can you set a induvidual patch for clean, crunch and solo and somehow send a midi message to the amp via midi cable from pod to amp to switch to the desiered amp channel? Maybe this was hard to get, but see this:

Pod:
Clean Patch - Delay, chorus, reverb etc. MIDI CHANNEL 1
Crunch Patch - Tubescreamer, reverb etc. MIDI CHANNEL 2
Solo Patch - Tubescreamer, wah, delay etc. MIDI CHANNEL 3

Amp:
Clean Channel - MIDI CHANNEL 1
Crunch Channel - MIDI CHANNEL 2
Solol Channel - MIDI CHANNEL 3

So whan i swith patches, i want to send midi directly from the pod to the amp. Does thsi work? If you have a 2 channel amp controlled via an on/off pedal with 1/4" jack, can you do the same thing?
Hope you understood me I see often bands running an tube amp along with just a pedalboard like this without any amp switch. Since the pod has a midi out, it shuld work somehow right?
Yes, IF your amp has MIDI capabilities built into it (like the Marshall JVM amps for example). Otherwise you need an intermediate such as an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
So if you have a 2 channel amp that uses 1/4 inc jack to switch channels you need a rjm mini amp gizmo? Seems like alot of work, also its expensive and need external power. Isnt it possible to make a midi to jack cable and still make it work?
Quote by Usernames sucks
So if you have a 2 channel amp that uses 1/4 inc jack to switch channels you need a rjm mini amp gizmo? Seems like alot of work, also its expensive and need external power. Isnt it possible to make a midi to jack cable and still make it work?

No, it's not possible without a MIDI decoder, which takes the MIDI input and uses it to control a relay or optocoupler. The Voodoo Lab Control Switcher is cheaper than the RJM, and more readily available. Will still need its own power supply though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Voodoo-Lab-Control-Switcher-Guitar-Footswitch-105291348-i1538330.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&kpid=105291348
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Not to sound stupid here, but isnt it possible if you have a 2 channel amp? I have managed to switch channels on an amp with just tapping the cable. If i need to use the jcm it just dosent seem worth it. Most amps do channel switching with a 1/4" jack cable and many bands use a multi fx processor like the pod hd500, m13 etc to switch cannels. Is there anything similar to the mini amp gizmo that dosent use external power?
Last edited by Usernames sucks at May 11, 2013,