so i was having a chat with my mum about music we like, she likes the typical mum music, Michael Bublé, Barry Manilow and the like, then we were talking about artists we hadn't heard from in a while, i.e no new music, no new albums, greatest hits, tours etc, so I mentioned Phil Collins.

Now my question is, is Phil Collins still relevant?
i'm Ginger its fun
I legit thought this was going to be a thread about having the birds and the bees talk with your parents.
Also Collins has had to retire from music due to various health issues (back problems mean he cant play drums and hearing loss)
Recorded an album of covers a couple years back, but said it was probably his last album due to aforementioned health issues.
Well he retired from music, didn't he. His tunes are good, Genesis is still a legacy, but he's been out of the picture for quite a while now.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
All artists are relevant to their fans as much as they are irrelevant to the people that aren't into them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Phil Collins is a bit like John Lennon. He may as well be dead cus the work he has behind him is good enough for 2 lifetimes. Good question though, haven't heard of "Buster" for years.
did not know he retired due to health issues, learn something every day.

Quote by Musicforyou17
I legit thought this was going to be a thread about having the birds and the bees talk with your parents.

i had that talk a long time ago
i'm Ginger its fun
Idk what, if any, music my mom listens to, she did play drums when she was young though, my dad taught me guitar, and he has a CD collection that I'd always be into as a little kid listening to whatever had a cool cover. From screaming for vengance, to surfing with the alien.
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.
As in new material, no because he has retired from music.

As for his legacy, yes. He is a great musician and I enjoy his music especially the Tarzan soundtrack. I managed to see him live before he retired luckily. That was a great experience.

I can't listen to br00tz all the time
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by desperatechris
Phil Collins is a douche. He was funny in the south park episode though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ninja'd
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Phil was awesome in Genesis when he kept his mouth shut and played drums, just saying.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by stratkat
Oh shit, I don't give two shits about the musician, but I love TPB.

The mustard tiger is in the big Dirty Burger in the sky.
Baaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aam
Originally posted by supersac
mmh no one has seen god...
no one has seen your penis...
...YOUR PENIS MUST BE GOD!
He's relevant if you're listening to music at Walmart.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------