ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Till the end of the month Toontrack are offering "lite" versions of their EZDrummer and EzMix software for a promotion called "Song Writers Month". Not only do you get a lite version of the software for free but it'll cost less to upgrade if you decide to buy them.

I'm planning of having a play with EzMix. It's kinda intrigued me for a while... mainly because there is a Devin Townsend preset pack and I'm a fanboy.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
METAL_MAN135
Hates his username.
581 IQ
Oh no, just after I bought the Native Instruments 80s Drummer too.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Kämpfer
736 IQ
Woah, thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't hurt to have a play around with it. It is free after all.
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
I'm so getting this during the week while I'm at uni and using their quota Will be good to have a proper drum machine program with velocity sensitivity and stuff again
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Anyone had a chance to play with either of these lite versions yet?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Yeah I had a chance to play with EZ Drummer lite today. It's just the default pop/rock kit from EZ Drummer but all the rack tom hits are mapped to the floor tom, and all the crash hits are mapped to the ride because you need to get the full version to get more than a kick, snare, ride, and floor tom. Also it can only output stereo so you don't have any real control over the sound. I'll keep it installed, the kick and snare are fairly good so I can just pan them hard left/right (I think I can do that) and then route those to their own tracks, but it's not really much good on its own.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Well luckily I wasn't too interested in EZDrummer (already owning pretty much ever Steven Slate pack) as that sounds ridiculously limited. If it's anything like EZmix though it makes upgrading to the full version pretty cheap.

I know the EzMix lite to EzMix full upgrade is only €99

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
All month? I'm definitely checking out EZMix in that case. Cam Argon (aka Big Chocolate) can't shut up about it (neither can Eyal Levi from Daath, who helped develop it).
And hey, an "indie folk" EZX. That could be interesting too.
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
I just took a bit more of a look at EZD Lite, found there was a free EZX called EZX Cocktail, got a snare, a tom, a ride, a hi hat, and some kinda big-ass snare with a kick. Also I found out that all the .wav's for the samples are nice and easily accessible, so I'd recommend picking it up just for a couple of extra samples you can blend in with whatever you're currently using if you want, you can never have too many samples.
Last edited by chatterbox272 at May 6, 2013,
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Quote by chatterbox272
Also I found out that all the .wav's for the samples are nice and easily accessible

Not true (at least not for all EZXes). I found the wavs for the Drumkit From Hell EZX easily enough, but iirc they were encoded or something, and didn't work in any other samplers. In any case, they can't be used independently (otherwise, people will probably just buy the EZX separately and not pay for EZDrummer).
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by Cavalcade
All month? I'm definitely checking out EZMix in that case. Cam Argon (aka Big Chocolate) can't shut up about it (neither can Eyal Levi from Daath, who helped develop it).
And hey, an "indie folk" EZX. That could be interesting too.

The main reason I want EZMix is for this add on pack:
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=169

Too awesome for words.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Quote by Cavalcade
Not true (at least not for all EZXes). I found the wavs for the Drumkit From Hell EZX easily enough, but iirc they were encoded or something, and didn't work in any other samplers. In any case, they can't be used independently (otherwise, people will probably just buy the EZX separately and not pay for EZDrummer).

Lame lame lameity lame lame lame Oh well, I'll just put through a nice midi track working up through the velocities, bounce the stem, and turn it into nice un-encrypted .wav samples again. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the legality of that? I'm trying to keep this setup fully legal.
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Quote by chatterbox272
Lame lame lameity lame lame lame Oh well, I'll just put through a nice midi track working up through the velocities, bounce the stem, and turn it into nice un-encrypted .wav samples again. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the legality of that? I'm trying to keep this setup fully legal.

The legality is probably "don't pirate the EZX and don't tell anyone". Which means it's too late now.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Legal enough. I'd think.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Quote by Cavalcade
The legality is probably "don't pirate the EZX and don't tell anyone". Which means it's too late now.

what do you mean? The EZX is perfectly legal, they provided everything with the download themselves.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. They gave you if so it's fine.

I just doubt they'd like you spreading it around at all.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
If they were offering a free lite version of Drumkit From Hell, that'd be cool. But I'm not paying over $50 for something like that.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Drum Kit From Hell is shit anyway. Metalheads is the good Metal expansion for EZDrummer

Quote by DisarmGoliath
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Drum Kit From Hell is shit anyway. Metalheads is the good Metal expansion for EZDrummer

Yeah, but that still runs into cost problems for me. I guess I'd rather pick up something like this than any EZDrummer stuff.
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah, but that still runs into cost problems for me. I guess I'd rather pick up something like this than any EZDrummer stuff.

How is this only $39.
T4D
30 guitars and counting..
369 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire

Metal Foundry is the best BY far for Superior Drummer the steven slate preset for NY drummer are excellent too

EZmix is Great but the Metal Guitar is pretty average really your not going to get your final guitar mixes from it .

Ezmix is ajoy in the fast previews of different effect it's very limited in what you can change setting wise BUT you can very quickly try alot of different effect ideas on a vocal etc to see what you like or suit the song ,. if you cant fine tune to your liking in Ezmix You have to rebuild the effect chain outside ( again Ezmix is very limited in patch editing!! )