VelvetBananas
10 IQ
Hey I am new here, and I am also new to singing. I am 15 years old and not 100% tone deaf but there is just something about my voice that just doesn't sound right. Any help is greatly appreciated!! The song I am singing is "After Hours" by the Velvet Underground. Also I recorded this in one take so you can say about my guitar playing (I play guitar much better not singing, and I know I messed up a bit) but I am really just looking for singing help. I am pretty self-conscious about my tone. I don't care 100% about hitting the notes ATM (I'm a jazz guitar player) So what I want most help on. Thanks!!

picosong.com /FfVq/
It is this but take out the space sorry it is a forbidden link
LiamG96
10 IQ
Quote by VelvetBananas
I don't care 100% about hitting the notes ATM

if you dont hit the notes it wont sound good ever, and you seem to be more like saying them in a melody instead of fully singing them , if that makes sense, you lack feel and vibrato (Im not a singer so I cant really give you much advice/criticism, sorry brah!)
Doveri
10 IQ
well first off, your not breathing fully. You have to breath from your upper abs. try fixing that first.
Tyson2011
30 IQ
Quote by LiamG96
if you dont hit the notes it wont sound good ever, and you seem to be more like saying them in a melody instead of fully singing them , if that makes sense, you lack feel and vibrato (Im not a singer so I cant really give you much advice/criticism, sorry brah!)

i haven't listened to the recording yet, and i'll comment on this later with a full critique, however this just led me on a tangent

Notes are important, yes, but a missed note is not the end of the world. If you screw up rhythmically, a whole hell of a lot of people are going to notice. If you screw up a note, generally only other musicians and people who know the song are going to notice. People are stupid.