im going to buy an amp, just dont know which one yet
either the blackstar ht-5h or the laney ironheart 15.
looking for nice high gain stuff.
and could you recommend a decent cab for those

EDIT:
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit? about $600

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?metal, instrumental, lee malia, andy james, bill hudson. it would be nice.

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy. i dont really mind.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc. i do both, and some recording.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc) im in pietermaritzburg, south africa.but am going to order from thomann.

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know. schecter c-1 elite with a sd jb in the bridge. but am upgrading to one of the following.

sterling-musicman jp70
ibanez iron label s 7
agile septor pro 727
ibanez sa360qm
ibanez iron label rg 6
esp ltd elite eclipse 1
esp ltd elite horizon iii
Last edited by dantheamazingfu at May 4, 2013,
Play this little game... https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138 and hopefully we can help steer you in the right direction. It might even end you in a completely different direction, but you will get a lot more help. Enjoy!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Laney>Blackstar

Orange PPC112
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
what's the voltage in south africa? anything you buy from thomann will be 230V. I'm guessing you know that already, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's the voltage in south africa? anything you buy from thomann will be 230V. I'm guessing you know that already, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

yeah weve got the same voltage
Quote by dantheamazingfu
yeah weve got the same voltage

no worries, just making sure. I figured you were probably the same.

EDIT: if you're buying from thomann they currently have the jet city stuff at pretty killer prices. that's probably what i'd do (unless you had a lot more money to spend).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?