I'm looking into buying a cheap fuzz and i'm able to get a electro harmonix big muff for quite a cheap price (second hand), is it good for Hendrix tones?

If not what is, my budget is around £40 and i'm willing to buy pre-owned.
Mike Matthews (EHX head honcho) said he walked into Hendrix's studio during the Electric Ladyland sessions and saw him cutting a load of guitar tracks with a prototype Big Muff that he'd given him. So, if it's good enough for Jimi himself...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Into a very midsy, slightly overdriven amp it's great for Hendrix. Into a cleaner amp with flat or scooped mids, not so much.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by mojachiee
I'm looking into buying a cheap fuzz and i'm able to get a electro harmonix big muff for quite a cheap price (second hand), is it good for Hendrix tones?

If not what is, my budget is around £40 and i'm willing to buy pre-owned.

You can try an Octofuzz but thats way out of your budget. The big muff is pretty awesome so go for that, you can get a good range of sound out of it, especially for the nice fuzzed out Hendrix stuff
It can be, but it depends on the rest of your setup ultimately. I like it, but I also use it with my Dunlop Jimi wah.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
A fuzz face would be better imo.
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Depends on what amp you are using. In front of a cranked plexi, yes. In front of a Jazz chorus, no.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by NakedInTheRain
not the current one. maybe a triangle clone. check out kit rae's guide to big muffs. google it.

i'm kinda scared to google that, to be honest...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fuzz Face through a Marshall is definitely the classic Hendrix sound, but I'm sure you could get away with using a Big Muff and sound great. The only thing is (from my experience) the Big Muff doesn't clean up with a decrease in guitar volume nearly as much as the Fuzz Face, which is kinda important for this type of thing.
Quote by R_Gallagher_Fan
^

I actually am I was just about to google it and then thought, "Hmmmm. "
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?