Page 1 of 3
So me and my better half are having a night in, tried watching a horror movie the other other night, ended up watching The Tortured. Absolute bollocks.

Any suggestions?.. Make 'em good'uns.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by magnus_maximus
I think you mean "Up!" and that is not a horror film.

...what?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Saw; Saw 2; 1408.

Yeah, also, try Botched. Hilarious comedy-horror. You gotta watch it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
All of them are bad.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Axeaman
All of them are bad.

Fuck you man.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
All the really good ones are like from the 70s so they look pretty bad by todays standards. The more recent ones are mostly cheap jump scares and gore which is stupid.
new Evil Dead is pretty dope. ummm.. the Devil Inside was pretty cool. eh ending though, but thats kinda to be expected from horror movies. Cabin in the Woods is good. uhhh. I love me a good horror movie also, but they are definitely few and far between.
I liked Gothika
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Once youre past a certain age, horror movies just dont do anything for you. Or maybe at least for me they dont. According to critics and moviegoers the new Evil Dead was supposed to be scary (unlike the first) and I didnt find it so (like the first).

The scariest movies I can think of are Alien, and It (just because I hate clowns)
The Innkeepers, You're Next, Kill List, Sightseers, El Orfanato, Martyrs, Haute Tension, [REC] 1 and 2, The Devil's Backbone, Ils (Them), Evil Dead 2, Tucker And Dale Vs Evil, The Cabin In The Woods, I have a few dozen more.
Psycho!
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Unfortunately good horrors are few and far between these days.

Even Asian cinema is repetitive now.

I think it's harder to convincingly scare people than it is to make them laugh. Perhaps they are just opposites on the same spectrum.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I would like to add that all the films I mentioned in my post were released in the last 10 years, so people saying 'all modern horror films suck' are talking out of their asses.
Not sure if it counts, as it's more a horror-thriller hybrid, but "sleep tight" was rather amusing. I know it sounds from its name like a B movie, but it has a relatively unique premise and a great mood throughout, in addition to a great protagonist and solid acting all round.

Anyway, otherwise I would say "the orphanage". It seems like the Spanish excel at horror.
Quote by Mky
Serbian film

GTFO that's not even a horror film it's just wrong in every way. Didn't see it, read the plot on wikipedia and was nearly sick

To the OP, an amazing film is Altered States.

If you want a horror-comedy, the final destination films are good. Also check out shrooms.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
The Blair Witch Project (Only watching if you have an open mind and a good imagination), The Thing, Paranormal Activity (only the first one), Sinister, Saw (Become un-watchable after the 3rd maybe 4th depending on your resistance to bad movies), The Shining, REC (Only the original Spanish one), The Descent, Thale (Indie Scandinavian Film), The Tunnel (Indie Australian Found Footage Film, one of the best examples of the genre), Lake Mungo (Indie Australian Docu-horror)

The Asian scene (though even that is starting to suck) and the Australian Independent scene (hell any indie horror at all) is the way to go for real scares.

Also first season of Marble Hornets... not a movie but terrifying none the less.

Also I'll completely refute that Cabin in the Woods is a horror movie... it feels like an episode of a bad 8pm tv show.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 4, 2013,
Quote by RickyThomson
The ring. (the original japanese version)

Honestly the American one is basically the same (same director) it's the same with the Grudge, the movies are almost identical.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If you have not yet seen the greats from the 60s and 70s you should get on that (ie the exorcist, rosemary's baby, carrie, psycho, the shining, the birds,the omen, halloween, etc)
Quote by Mky
Serbian film

THIS
THIS
SO MUCH THIS
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The Blair Witch Project (Only watching if you have an open mind and a good imagination), The Thing, Paranormal Activity (only the first one), Sinister, Saw (Become un-watchable after the 3rd maybe 4th depending on your resistance to bad movies), The Shining, REC (Only the original Spanish one), The Descent, Thale (Indie Scandinavian Film), The Tunnel (Indie Australian Found Footage Film, one of the best examples of the genre), Lake Mungo (Indie Australian Docu-horror)

The Asian scene (though even that is starting to suck) and the Australian Independent scene (hell any indie horror at all) is the way to go for real scares.

Also first season of Marble Hornets... not a movie but terrifying none the less.

Also I'll completely refute that Cabin in the Woods is a horror movie... it feels like an episode of a bad 8pm tv show.

This is a good post. I'm quite partial to The Exorcist as well.
Quote by Jackal58
Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

I second this.

That film scarred me for life.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by ErikLensherr
Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil

Just saw that one. It was weird, but so many facepalms haha
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
At midnight I take your soul and its sequel. they are brazillian and old but so very gruesome. worth a watch if you like slasher kinda movies
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
That movie is brilliant. The scene with the bees and the one with the wood chipper are just side splitting.

"A bunch of teenagers just started committing suicide on our property!"

For Story: Saw 2
For Sad: Saw 3
For Demon: 1408
For Mind****: The Uninvited
For Classics: 1982 The Thing. Jacob's Ladder
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at May 4, 2013,
My favourite horror of all time is hellraiser, so so good, you should definitely watch it!
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by ProgFripp74
GTFO that's not even a horror film it's just wrong in every way. Didn't see it, read the plot on wikipedia and was nearly sick

To the OP, an amazing film is Altered States.

If you want a horror-comedy, the final destination films are good. Also check out shrooms.

Watch it, then judge it.
------------------
28 Days Later
Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 (Assembly Cut)
Black Christmas
The Blair Witch Project
The Cabin in the Woods
The Descent
Dracula (1931 and 1958)
The Evil Dead; Evil Dead 2; Army of Darkness; Evil Dead (remake)
The Exorcist
Friday the 13th; Friday the 13th Part 2; Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Gremlins
Halloween; Halloween 2
The House of the Devil
In the Mouth of Madness
Inside (À l'intérieur)
Ju-on: The Grudge
Let the Right One In
Night of the Living Dead; Dawn of the Dead (original and remake); Day of the Dead
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Paranormal Activity; Paranormal Activity 3
Poltergeist
[REC]
Saw
Scream; Scream 2
Shaun of the Dead
The Shining
Suspiria
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
(John Carpenter's) The Thing
Trick 'r Treat
The Wicker Man

All originals unless otherwise noted. Should give you a good start...
Insidious was alright I think
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by ErikLensherr
Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil

this is my shit.

scary movie 5
you're a stone fox
Quote by Hoodoo Man
Shaun of the Dead

+1
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Hoodoo Man
In the Mouth of Madness
That movie is awesome, as are most of John Carpenters. Also his The Prince Of Darkness. But in the mouth of madness is great.

"Did I tell you my favorite color is Blue?"
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Page 1 of 3