Anyone watch it? If you don't there's no point in trying to (it's one of those have-to-watch-the-whole-thing-from-the-beginning-to-get-it kind of shows) but it's so awesome.

It's about a petty criminal played by Tatiana Maslany who sees someone who looks exactly like her commit suicide. She goes on to take the identity of the dead woman with the intention of wiping out her bank account to cover up a bad drug deal, but gets caught in a web of secrets and mystery that challenges what it means to be human...

They're clones

Anyone else watch it?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Terrible sperling but I think it's on par.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
I guess no one watches it, or it was past everyone's bedtime when I posted this.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Been watching... It was written up on one of my sci-fi boards. Pretty decent and an acting tour-de-force from the lead actress... HOW many parts is she playing? Often at the same time...
See where it goes.
New episode in 1hr 48 mins.

Did they have to make Kira get hit by a van? Seems a bit cruel
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Thank god for puffa jackets.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Amaaaaaazing show. Best show that no one's watching and my favourite show going right now (and yeah I watch GoT, come at me).

Oh shit, this is a year old thread. Whatever, more people should watch this show.
Last edited by jazz_rock_feel at May 14, 2014,
I chose my name as homage to Helena, no joke.

It's one of my all time favorite tv shows and Tatiana Maslany is currently the best actor in television and deserves an Emmy this year even more so than Peter Dinklage or Billy Bob Thorton or Bryan Cranston but she got ****ing snubbed for nomination AGAIN.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 20, 2014,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I chose my name as homage to Helena, no joke.

It's one of my all time favorite tv shows and Tatiana Maslany is currently the best actor in television and deserves an Emmy this year even more so than Peter Dinklage or Billy Bob Thorton but she got ****ing snubbed for nomination AGAIN.

The Emmy snub is an absolute travesty. She is the best actor on TV right now and it's one of the best performances I've ever seen, period. It's actually startling when I step back and realize that all these characters are played by the same person. The physicality, mannerisms and language are all so different and so well done.

Also, from a technical aspect, the season 2 finale was mind boggling. The dance scene and the hands intertwining were just incredible.

EDIT: Do you actually go by Sestra?! That's awesome!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The Emmy snub is an absolute travesty. She is the best actor on TV right now and it's one of the best performances I've ever seen, period. It's actually startling when I step back and realize that all these characters are played by the same person. The physicality, mannerisms and language are all so different and so well done.

Also, from a technical aspect, the season 2 finale was mind boggling. The dance scene and the hands intertwining were just incredible.

EDIT: Do you actually go by Sestra?! That's awesome!

And not only does she play all these characters as convincingly different people, but then she constantly has to play one of them pretending to be another one. Which takes her ability to create and imitate facial expressions and mannerisms to a whole different level. What Tatiana is doing is really amazing from a technical view, and it's all so organic.

And yes, I do.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
And not only does she play all these characters as convincingly different people, but then she constantly has to play one of them pretending to be another one. Which takes her ability to create and imitate facial expressions and mannerisms to a whole different level. What Tatiana is doing is really amazing from a technical view, and it's all so organic.

And yes, I do.

I know right? The best imitation is when she's Sarah being Rachel and it's a good imitation, but just off enough that you knew something wasn't right just before shit actually went down. That was the most stunning one to me.

And that's badass. I hope this isn't offside, but what did you think of the trans clone?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I know right? The best imitation is when she's Sarah being Rachel and it's a good imitation, but just off enough that you knew something wasn't right just before shit actually went down. That was the most stunning one to me.

And that's badass. I hope this isn't offside, but what did you think of the trans clone?

I liked when Sarah was Cosima cuz she tried to do that little half smile and chuckle thing Cosima does but she's off enough to were Delphine could tell. But I need to give a shoutout to Sarah being Alison being Donnie.

They handled Tony extremely well, actually. I especially like how Art initially misgenders him and refers to Tony as a she, but Felix immediately, firmly corrects him, and from then on everyone refers to him as a man. That's so important. The only criticism I have is later when Art is telling Fe about the dirt he dug up on Tony, he brings up his birth name, which is a pretty frowned upon thing to do trans people. Tho it's unfortunately accurate to what happens in real life so I don't weigh that criticism heavily. And I'm not around trans men a lot but it looked to me that they had Tatiana wearing an actual binder, which from a technical view is very cool to see. Normally I'm against cis people playing trans characters (Jared Leto winning an Oscar is a slap in the face), but given the context of the whole clones thing and the fact that they were actually aware of trans issues, I fully support it.

In terms of queer representation in general (Felix, Cosima and Delphine, Tony, etc.) Orphan Black is doing a very, very good job and should be praised for correctly doing what most shows still aren't doing, or are doing poorly.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
But I need to give a shoutout to Sarah being Alison being Donnie.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

The look of confusion at the end

Quote by GuitarGod_92
They handled Tony extremely well, actually. I especially like how Art initially misgenders him and refers to Tony as a she, but Felix immediately, firmly corrects him, and from then on everyone refers to him as a man. That's so important. The only criticism I have is later when Art is telling Fe about the dirt he dug up on Tony, he brings up his birth name, which is a pretty frowned upon thing to do trans people. Tho it's unfortunately accurate to what happens in real life so I don't weigh that criticism heavily. And I'm not around trans men a lot but it looked to me that they had Tatiana wearing an actual binder, which from a technical view is very cool to see. Normally I'm against cis people playing trans characters (Jared Leto winning an Oscar is a slap in the face), but given the context of the whole clones thing and the fact that they were actually aware of trans issues, I fully support it.

In terms of queer representation in general (Felix, Cosima and Delphine, Tony, etc.) Orphan Black is doing a very, very good job and should be praised for correctly doing what most shows still aren't doing, or are doing poorly.

Yeah, I always felt that they handled it really well. Like, we don't know Tony very well yet, but with Felix and Cosima their sexuality is obviously part of their characters, but I never feel like it's the only thing they are, or even the most important thing they are. They just are, you know? I thought the line where Rachel's like, "So you're gay" and then Cosima says, "My sexuality is not the most interesting thing about me" was great and actually bang on.

I was just curious to see how their representation translated, because it can obviously be dicey and a difficult thing to portray without the character become a caricature. I'm sure it's be done so dreadfully in the past, with both gay and trans characters.

And at first I was confused about why cis people playing trans people would bother you, and then I though about blackface and was like, oh... Is that kind of why?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
And at first I was confused about why cis people playing trans people would bother you, and then I though about blackface and was like, oh... Is that kind of why?

Essentially, yes. But like I said, given the unique context of the show I think it's a lot more understandable.
^
heh that cat is qt

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Minicaxotinho
I had a platonic crush on Cosima, but then she turned out to be lesbian.

This post makes zero sense, if it's platonic what does her sexuality matter?
Cosima is bi anyway.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
This post makes zero sense, if it's platonic what does her sexuality matter?
Cosima is bi anyway.

It does matter, at least for me.

EDIT: "Platonic" doesn't mean what I thought it meant. Oopsies.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Oct 5, 2014,