Hello!

After waiting for 4 Months i finally got the PRS i ordered, although not exactly what i initially wanted...

Short Version:
Its ballsbreaking fantastic, go get one!

Long Version:
Last christmas i gave up an order, the very next day the shop said: Okay! It was for a PRS 408, unfortunately the one i wanted (10 Top McCarty Tobacco Sunburst + Trem) wasn't in stock. They said it would take 2 Months to make it and I thought well, since this is the biggest thing i've ever bought might as well go all out and wait for it. After roughly 4 Months and many Mails PRS finally answered to the shop about the status of my order. Well... even though PRS "confirmed" to the shop that the order was in, it seems that it got "lost" in the system...

At that point they offered to place me at the front of the queue, it would have taken another 6 weeks for them to make the 408. Or i could pick out any 408 in my price class that was lying around at the PRS Factory (and the Store), i even checked out some of the new "Paul's Guitar" but none of them really screamed: "IM THE ONE!"

But then i saw the ME Quatro and... well ive decided whithin seconds "thats the one". Since i got her last Week i havent spent a single thought on the 408, ive almost forgotten about my initial order but anyway on to some of the Specs:

Charcoal Burst (Artist Grade Flame Top)
Select East Indian Rosewood Neck and Bound Fretboard
Pattern Neck & Cocobolo Headstock Overlay
25" Scale, PRS 53/10 Pickups, 22 Frets

The neck is just to DIE for, i can say that i got some pretty decent guitars that i love and always like to pick up. Especially after a while of ignoring them and then be suprised by how good they feel when i pick them up again. But the Quatro just blasts them out of the water and straight into the sun, its almost unfair. I might still be in the "Honey Moon" spirit but ive never bought a guitar that instantly felt like ive been playing it for the last 50 years.

The 53/10 Pickups are very responsive, almost too responsive revealing every mistake i make. With most guitars i can have the strings "slightly" out of tune (after not tuning for a week for example) and not notice it in an "annoying way" unless i go look for it or tune it. But the Quatro is very unforgiving, every note rings so clear that you will notice the tiniest bit of tuning that is off especially on chords.

The PRS Trem is a first for me, my only other US PRS (2001 Custom22) has a stoptail and i was a little worried that the sustain might not reach to the level of the Custom22. I was wrong! Its fantastic and i dont know what sort of wizardy is working here but i can dive bomb and wiggle thing around like a maniac and its still in tune.

Now im gonna shut up my ramblings and on to some tasty pictures:

And a shot of both PRS side by side:

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Fender 62 Am. Vint. Strat
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Last edited by pxoint at May 5, 2013,
And some more pics:

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Absolutely beautiful. Congrats!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
HNGD

That looks really awesome and the case is pretty beautiful too
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

oh
my
god
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Would.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Just the case gave me shivers - that top made my nose bleed.
I am a very jealous man right now (and I don't even particularly like PRS)
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
wow
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn, that looks very... playable. One question though, looking at the neck I was surprised to see how big and blocky that neck joint is. With those deep cutaways and that many frets clear of the body, you'd think they'd be easy to reach, but that joint looks a bit strange.

How does it feel to play that high up on the neck? Maybe it looks more uncomfortable than it really is.
REGGIE
oh my god that flame
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by LeakyFlask
Damn, that looks very... playable. One question though, looking at the neck I was surprised to see how big and blocky that neck joint is. With those deep cutaways and that many frets clear of the body, you'd think they'd be easy to reach, but that joint looks a bit strange.

How does it feel to play that high up on the neck? Maybe it looks more uncomfortable than it really is.

I've always heard that as a common complaint about PRS as well. I'd be interested to see how OP feels.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by LeakyFlask

Well i would say its "okay to good" better than on a Standard Strat and maybe also an American Deluxe were the corner is cut off (never palyed one though, just guessing). Heres a pic of the Quatro next to a American Vintage 62 Strat:

As you can see its roughly the same spacing, a bit more finger friendly on the PRS though (the block isnt so deep which helps your hand to wrap around the neck)

Im pretty sure all PRS guitars have that joint, except for the bolt-on necks and the very old models who had a smaller block if im not mistaken, never tried those though. There are certenly better guitars when it comes to fret access!

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Last edited by pxoint at May 5, 2013,
That's looking sweet...
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
I stared so much at those pictures now my eyes are all red. Thank you very much.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Killer! HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I thought that my GAS was on hiatus after my new haul. Now it's back in full swing. HNGD!! Looks amazing.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
1. Beautiful PRS you have there.

2. I think you will be very pleased with both the ME4 and especially the 53/10 pickups. I owned one of the Signature Limited model with the 408's in it. I much preferred a model with 53/10's. Be happy you never got the 408.

3. The whole neck heel thing is BS in my opinion. A dipshit guitar manufacturer out of Vegas started the whole "Heel from Hell" crap. I cannot recall a single PRS owner ever having an issue with it, and I know many.

Congrats!!
Last edited by thehikingdude at May 6, 2013,
Quote by thehikingdude

3. The whole neck heel thing is BS in my opinion. A dipshit guitar manufacturer out of Vegas started the whole "Heel from Hell" crap. I cannot recall a single PRS owner ever having an issue with it, and I know many.

This. You are so right. I have owned 3 us PRS guitars and i have never had any issues with it.
Simply Stunning!

+1 will the above. PRS neck to body access is a non issue.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
never got on with PRS's but damn that looks great
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Thanks a lot all you guys!

Quote by desperatechris
This. You are so right. I have owned 3 us PRS guitars and i have never had any issues with it.

I totally agree, if i would have had a serious issue with that heel i woudnt have spent that kind of money

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
I came. Good god that thing is beautiful
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Hot damn! What a gorgeous guitar. Jizz everywhere. I know what guitar I'm getting next..

I own a PRS SE myself (not that it compares at all to TS' ME Quattro), and I have never had an issue with the heel. I have to stretch a touch to get to the 24th fret, but most people don't play that high up for very long, I think.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
sweet guitar , well worth the wait !! ...... when I'm ready to purchase a "set kneck" guitar it will be a PRS !! .... have you had a chance to weigh it yet ??
Quote by Fumble fingers
sweet guitar , well worth the wait !! ...... when I'm ready to purchase a "set kneck" guitar it will be a PRS !! .... have you had a chance to weigh it yet ??

I dont have a weight gauge at home, but the shop were i bought it from weighted it at 8.38 lbs.

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Yeah, I'm sure the joint isn't really much of an issue, it looks to be more accessible than your average strat anyhow, it just caught me off guard a bit.
It's funny, usually I'm not crazy about the appearance of PRS guitars, and usually I'm not crazy about dark finishes, and usually I'm not crazy about very intensely figured maple, but somehow your guitar has hypnotized me. That is one pretty immaculate looking instrument.

Quote by thehikingdude

Ah yes, I remember this as well. It was Ed Roman who started the "Heel from Hell" smear campaign supposedly after having lost his PRS dealership license for making unauthorized alterations to the guitars, thus only being able to sell old, used guitars from PRS.
He also had this idea that 24 fret guitars were harmonically and tonally superior to 22-and-down fret guitars. Crazy old sod, Ed, died a couple years back but his shop lingers on.
REGGIE
Insanely gorgeous. Absolutely fantastic. Definitely jaw-dropping.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112