I finished a demo I hand to people for free now and then, all the tracks are available on soundcloud. Could anyone give me some advice on mixing the songs? I don't really know where I should look to get it tighter and better sounding in general. All comments appreciated ;-)
Latest release
Drums should be louder and maybe rhythm guitars during solo could be quieter. Otherwise it's fine. Maybe the best starting point would be that drums are at right volume and then adjust everything else around the drums
Last edited by Aukustus at May 5, 2013,
Thanks for the feedback, both of you ;-) I notice too that the drums are a bit too quiet, i'll work on that, thanks! And yes, I probably should invest more time in getting every take perfect and getting the rhythm tighter... Thorium, I greatly appreciate your request, but I really want to learn this stuff myself by trial and error. Thanks a lot anyway ;-)
Quote by \m/TheWickerMan
Thanks for the feedback, both of you ;-) I notice too that the drums are a bit too quiet, i'll work on that, thanks! And yes, I probably should invest more time in getting every take perfect and getting the rhythm tighter... Thorium, I greatly appreciate your request, but I really want to learn this stuff myself by trial and error. Thanks a lot anyway ;-)

Oh, my bad, somehow i understood that you are looking for someone to mix it for you. (Btw thats the spirit!)
Please check out my new demo and critique it